Hello,

I would like to type into the Express Scribe software using a Table format with several columns, or at least a singe column but that will copy-paste easily into a Word table, with successive utterances fitted into their own cell of the table. I tried setting a Template document to do this but apparently that only determines the type of file, not the formatting of the file's contents. Am I wrong about this? Will I have to simply type into MS Word to get it into Table format first time around, or is there a way I have overlooked of typing into Table format within the Express Scribe software?

Thank you,

Gray

9 hours ago, GrayGray said:

Hello,

I would like to type into the Express Scribe software using a Table format with several columns, or at least a singe column but that will copy-paste easily into a Word table, with successive utterances fitted into their own cell of the table. I tried setting a Template document to do this but apparently that only determines the type of file, not the formatting of the file's contents. Am I wrong about this? Will I have to simply type into MS Word to get it into Table format first time around, or is there a way I have overlooked of typing into Table format within the Express Scribe software?

Thank you,

Gray

Hi Gray,

Just make sure there's a new paragraph for each utterance. When Transcription is finished, copy/paste to Word. Then select all the text and choose Insert> Table. This will create a single-column table with each utterance in a separate cell.

You can then add as many columns as you like.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Steve Rawcliffe
Correct a word and add a thought