Split screen in video pad

omid70

hi all, 

i am new here and my first post so excuse me if i do something wrong.

i am creating a left and right split screen in my video.

but there is a grey line in the middle where the split is done.  how can i remove that line.  i want to make the two videos sitting side by side seemless with no lines in the between them.

these are the steps i took to achieve the split:

- i cut the video to size

- changed its position to the left

- i cut the second video to size

- moved its position to the right

- placed the 2 videos on the sequence one on top of each other

thanks in advance

Not seeing that  in VP Windows 5.20 version.  It looked the same for video files and stills; no line between them.

Image one was dropped onto track 1.  The position effect was clicked, then the preview window was clicked and the cross in the middle used to drag the image left.

Image two was dropped onto track 2.

The position effect again, with this image dragged to the right, until the track two image left edge just touched the right edge of the image on track one.

Hi

• Put Video 1 on Track 1
  • Click the FX box at the left end of the track.
  • Click the Green Cross and select the Split Screen effect.
  • In the drop down box select Horizontal 2.
  • Select side A or B
  • Put Video 2 on Track 2 (Overlay track)
  • Click the FX box at the left end of the track
  • Click the Green Cross and select the Split Screen effect.
  • In the drop down box select Horizontal 2
  • Select Side A or B (Opposite to the selection made for Track 1)

The two videos should now play side by side with no gap. However..........Each video will be cut in two. If you want both videos to play side by side without being cropped then...

• Place Video 1 on Video Track 1
  • Click the FX box at the left end of the track.
  • Click the Green cross and select the Scale effect.
  • Tick the "Maintain AR" box and set the scale value to 0.5
  • Click the green cross once more and select the Position effect.
  • Set the Horizontal position to -25  and vertical position to 0
  • Place Video 2 on Track 2 (Overlay track)
  • Repeat the steps as for Video 1 but set the Horizontal position at 25 and vertical position to 0.

The videos will now play side by side with no cropping or any gap between them. Played side by side like this  however, both videos have necessarily to be made smaller so there will be a black bar at the top and bottom of the screen as the combined AR will not be 16:9.

303203956425e2b9ca8136e3e31b7aa6.jpg

By experimenting a bit with position and crop and scale you may possibly get the required effect without black bars but a lot depends on the actual position of the action in each clip. The above methods are the simplest.

Nat

• 2 years later...

So I got the videos to split screen-following Nationalsolo's first example-but then when I saved it as a youtube video, it did not show up as a split screen--  I could hear both audios, but only one video showed up.  help!  thank you!

It's best to start a new thread with a descriptive subject - this one is nearly three years old.

How long is this project?  What is the resolution of the bulk of its files?  (Right-click a file in the bin, click PROPERTIES and look at the dimension numbers.)

When you export to a video file instead of directly to YouTube, does it display correctly?  If yes, try using YouTube's uploader instead of VP-direct.

If not, please share your project.  That's easy, quick and can be private.  Follow the PORTABLE project instructions below.  Don't upload the exported file.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable (non-restricted) link to post.

Consider installing the latest release.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.