High definition video DVD

Gambalunga

I have done some searches but can't seem to find what I want. I have some video taken in a car using a dashcam that has 1920 x 1080 resolution at 30 fps. I have produced an edited MP4 file  at 1280 x 720 30 fps using VideoPad. That plays ok and is a reasonably high resolution. I then created a video DVD using Express Burn. Everything worked out ok except the video exhibits strobing or flickering in small details such as the leaves on trees we are passing and the video generally seem to be a lower resolution when played back on a PAL TV.  I think it may be a problem with the codec used (I have not used the internal codec) and also I can't find any information on using the DVD Video Encoder custom settings and whether or not some of those settings may work better when the video is played on a modern high definition PAL TV

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Hi,

In regards to " ...the video generally seem to be a lower resolution when played back on a PAL TV. 

Test it (play it) on your computer and confirm if the issue persist or not, IF NOT, the case is relate to the supported resolutions and encoders of the PAL TV.

Thanks for your reply.

The video player has Blu-ray capability and the TV is Full HD, It plays hi-res MP4 files magnificently.

I played the DVD I made on my computer as you suggested and the result is the same. Tomorrow I will try the MP4 file and see how it is but I think it will be fine.

Looking at the video it seems the problem is that it is a little jerky. PAL is only 25 FPS but I don't think that is the full story.

I am wondering if I should be setting the bit rate in some way, checking the box to use the internal codec (I don't even know what codec it is using, or checking either or both of the boxes for two pass encoding and interlaced video.

I'm running out of DVDs :) so any advice would be welcome.