SUBACCOUNT

BAKER

I NEED TO OPEN ACCOUNTS UNDER MAIN ACCOUNT FOR EXAMPLE :

ACCOUNT NUMBER 6210 WAGES AND SALARIES I NEED UNDER THIS ACCOUNT OPEN STAFF NAME  AND I NEED ITS APPEAR IN INCOME STATEMENT MAIN ACCOUNT :

6210 WAGES AND SALARIES        TOTAL $ 3000

STAFFE NO 1 XXX $  1000

STAFF NO 2 ZZZ   $2000

You could add an account for each of these employees but you probably need to have another account which shows total salaries and tax etc. If you have a few employees it's probably better to have a separate payroll program which will also print payslips etc.

If this isn't possible, and you only have a few employees, you could possibly consider using Multiple Businesses under 'ACCOUNTS' in the header bar and create an account for each employee. You then need to add the total salaries into you main business account ledger.

• 1 year later...

I am also having same problem and unable to open "Sub accounts" under ACCOUNT NUMBER 6210 WAGES AND SALARIES.

at new account creating form: combo-box of Default linked account for is not showing header account ACCOUNT NUMBER 6210 WAGES AND SALARIES.

I am related with a travel agency and our income and sale is on commission base and also we pay commission to our sub agents, So it also very difficult to keep a commission records in NCH express account.

So may I have any help in this regarding?

Hello, the program has an option to link or create sub-accounts, you can have parent and child accounts, but the parent or header account will only work for subtotals and it won't accept cash posting directly to it.   Keep in mind that the program would only use the predefined type of accounts: Asset, Liability, Equity, Income, and Expenses.  You can create sub-accounts on any of these categories, but you cannot create new categories or account types.

• 5 months later...