Infinity USB foot pedal not compatible

Angela Henderson

I just downloaded the free version of Express Scribe and I am able to pull up the voice file I need to transcribe, however,  when I try to set up the foot pedal in the controller wizard, it says this version is only available in the Pro version and must be purchased.  I know a few MTs that are using this for free with no problem.  What am I missing here?  Please help.  Just started a new position and really need to get to work.  All input is appreciated.  Does it make a difference that I'm using Windows 10?

I just downloaded the free version of Express Scribe and I am able to pull up the voice file I need to transcribe, however,  when I try to set up the foot pedal in the controller wizard, it says this version is only available in the Pro version and must be purchased.  I know a few MTs that are using this for free with no problem.  What am I missing here?  Please help.  Just started a new position and really need to get to work.  All input is appreciated.  Does it make a difference that I'm using Windows 10?

• 1 year later...

Just to make sure you have registered the program correctly:

To register:
1- Open the program.
2- From the top left corner, click the "File" menu.
3- From the dropdown menu select "Register software..." 
4- Enter your registration code (numbers-letters) and click on Register.
5-If successful, you'll see the "Licensed Software" status at the very top of the window, next to the program's name.  

If you still have issues, you may need to submit a support ticket using this link: https://www.nch.com.au/support/