VP) Black Screen Preview & Export Freeze

Ayanami

Hi, i'm kinda new to the forums but recently I had finished making a video in video pad and was ready to export, checking back on everything, I noticed a black preview screen for any clips where slow motion and captions are combined and active.  In addition, when exporting, the video percentage will rise up fine until it reached the 1.5% length (or the 5 second mark of the video)  Please help, I really do not want to restart.

(I have updated video-pad to the latest version)  Other projects don't seem to have this problem.  Is it the vpj.? Or is it something else?  Some of the percentage freezes occur at the time frame of 05:205, 05:112, 05:57, etc.  All of them have the same second.

Hi

Unfortunately your upload only contained the .vpj file which is insufficient to load your project. You need to send the clips as well. The whole project can be saved to a folder on your PC by clicking SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT. This will contain all the clips plus a .vpj file. zip this folder and upload it.

Nat

3 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Unfortunately your upload only contained the .vpj file which is insufficient to load your project. You need to send the clips as well. The whole project can be saved to a folder on your PC by clicking SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT. This will contain all the clips plus a .vpj file. zip this folder and upload it.

Nat

Slightly confused over this.  Couldn't find where it said "Save as portable project" but I had only found "Save Portable Project As" are these both the same?  Additionally, when clicking, it says backing up, ending up as a backup vpj.

Hi

Yes, that's the prompt you want..from the "File" menu .."Save Portable Project as.."  Clicking this and navigate to a suitable folder (you can create one first with a recognisable name if you wish.)  This prompt will save a copy of ALL the files in the project plus a .vpj file to enable it to be reconstructed.  The other options create just a .vpj file.

In fact this is one way of saving a complete copy of a project even if you later lose some of the original clips by accident. They are saved by number and date and because everything is saved the project can be moved to a different machine or uploaded elsewhere for reconstruction.....i.e. its portable.

Zip the folder and send this as a public file to dropbox etc.with a link back on the forum. Someone will then no doubt take a look.

Nat

The zip file required me to rename a few audio tracks since it included some japanese symbols which were invalid.  I removed the symbols from the file name and clicked resolved on Videopad.  Now everything is working fine.  Is it the symbol's fault? Thanks anyways for trying to help me when in need or when in confusion, i'm sure your method would've worked just by looking at your other posts :)  I'll come back to the forums if I have any other questions ;) 

-Ayanami