When will the update come? The "building preview" bug is soon killing me!

d0ppler

To be frank, I don't have much expectations since I can read posts about this exact same topic dated in 2015:

Looks like I'm gonna change to Adobe Premiere Elements, unfortunately.

currently I am trying to edit a video with 25 video tracks, it's unbearable in video pad. RIP 

I'm editing a music video, I cannot be the only one doing this with "so many" tracks?

5 musicians, footage of every musician with at least 2 angels each, some gopro footage, drone footage..

But why should VideoPad even bother if I had houndred tracks? It should render every clip to a preview capable size (which is in my case lower than the lowest default setting), and just play the one at the top, nothing else. Why does this work flawlessly in Adobe Premiere? Does Adobe have access to some super secret features in which no other software can use? I'm just curious.

Hi

VP doesn't just play the top track of course, it still has to "look" through all the overlays and play lower tracks in any gaps it sees. I presume it does this each time it previews, hence the "Building Preview" message when the PC struggles to keep up.  Perhaps Adobe creates  a continually updated background sequence as it goes along and plays this when previewed....don't know.

Still , I tried 25 tracks with VP, just to see what my old PC would manage. :)   .......

6b91ded6070e4b73772e5002ab634d67.jpg

It was an interesting struggle,,:D (lots of BP messages and judderings in sequence preview) and  I agree this  would not be practicable (for me) if I worked this way. I seldom have more than 4-5 tracks and this was with only a single short clip on each track. It could well be that VP isn't a suitable tool for the particular way you work. On the other hand how DO you keep 25 tracks in view simultaneously?

Nat

You know, after doing some thinking (!), I thought why if I first sync every angle with the main audio track, by filling up with blanks if necessary, export the new synced clips, each and every one to a temp location, then creating a new project where I import only the synced clips to my media library,  and where I only use two video tracks, one main,and one temp, where the main track is obviously what I want, and then use one temp track where I add the synced clip, and then align/clip what I need  from the temp track and drag into the main track. Then I don't need to struggle to get every single clip in sync on the main track, because it's kinda crucial to have every clip in sync when making a music video where it should look like that the musicians are actually playing the song you're hearing.

I'll try that approach today, and see if that method is convenient/smart...

Hi

Ive done a few videos for fun with my local orchestra using two and sometimes three cameras. One fixed and recording the whole scene and the others roaming around taking shots of various instruments etc. The main fixed video I use for the actual soundtrack and basic film. (It's only for fun so the sound quality is not too important.) Once the main fixed camera clip is on the timeline in  VP I can easily add the others camera clips  to the overlay tracks and then synch in their soundtracks simply by playing them individually with the main track and matching the audio peaks together. Once I have done this  and they play OK I mute them and edit the overlay tracks for length and effects as required and then lock them At most I end up with 4 tracks and the cutaways nearly always look OK. It's pretty simple but it works.

Nat

Yesterday I bought a copy of Premiere Elements. It's twice as expensive, but it's 10 times better as for now. I wish the devs in VideoPad the best of luck (I mean that from the bottom of my heart). I've been working as a programmer for 2 decades, so I know it's though.

The best advice I can give you right now is to :

a ) : Fix/solve the preview bug once and for all. I believe you might need to rewrite the whole feature.

b ) : It's 2017, it's time to move on to 64-bit

Peace out!