CHART OF ACCOUNTS

PeterW59

I have been using this software since the start of 2017 for a small sporting club. I am having difficulty with the reporting and the chart of accounts. When I produce an income statement report for a period, I am getting a total of invoices produced and I was believing that I should be getting a total of the payments received for that category of invoices (if that makes sense. To clarify, I have a category of uniforms. I have for example created 100 x $10.00 invoices ($1000.00) and have received payments this month for $80.00 so far. My income statement report shows $1000 of income for uniforms. I would have expected it to show $80 of income for the reporting period. I know the software can do this as I have other categories that show running totals. I obviously have an error im my chart of accounts or in the items. I have tried to check the uniform category against the others that work but cannot get it to work. What am I doing wrong or what do you suggest? Any help from someone who knows what they are doing would be appreciated.  Thanks