No Audio, No webcam bad advice from FAQ's

BigDaddy3

I owned Debut version 3 but upgrade due to a computer upgrade.

I knew to start Debut before my browser in making a recording of a live web presentation and did so but no sound.

Went to options, unchecked microphone box, no sound.  Looked at the FAQ's and the said use a male male plug from speaker output to microphone output.  What???!!  You can't here any sound while recording.  On the window sound control panel, I had sound coming out of the line out and entering the microphone, but no sound on the recording.

The set up video starts with the Webcam tab, and says "If you are having audio problems, make sure Audio is checked on this page..  I didn't know I had to set is as a USB Webcam, so this page wouldn't open.  It did not turn out to be relevant to my audio issue, but the setting was necessary to get the webcam working.

Found some similar posts about starting program as the administrator, no joy.  People using a microphone to record from the speakers.  Someone had success unchecking microphone option and it worked for him, and now it works for me.

Hi,

If you wish to record audio from a stream, you'll need to set and select the correct input or sound card from where the audio is going thru...it depends if you have a Windows or Mac OS system, for instance:

For Windows,

Set your Sound card or "StereoMix" option as your Windows default recording device before trying again. Go to Control Panel > Sound > Recording menu > select your Sound Card or StereoMix option and set as default. If these options are not listed, right click on the blank area, select "Show disabled devices", look for the option, select, click "Set default", click Apply and OK. When ready, go to Debut options > Audio > check mark Microphone and Speakers boxes and click OK.  

Best regards, 

• 3 months later...

After a very long trial and error process I finally got my Debut on Windows to see the Elgato usb input device however I can't get Debut to record audio from the Elgato. It records from the built in PC mic. I tried the Elgato app and it does work properly with video and sound.

I followed your instructions above and no sound gets recorded...and also I end up with a feedback loop on the speakers when I stop recording. I have also noticed that if I select analog audio in from the Elgato device I get an error (fail to connect to device) when opening the record screen.

Thanks for any help.