Charmanic

Hi

I have purchased Inventoria and I am trying to figure out now whether I can use a barcode reader to add new items to the inventory and how?

I also need to find out whether barcode reader can be used to scan an item once sold and automatically update the inventory once the item is scanned as sold.

Thank you for the support in advance

Inventoria works with barcode scanners in "HID keyboard emulation" mode.  Basically, it acts like a second keyboard.  The advantage of this is that you don't have to worry about specific drivers. Once you scan an item and you sell it, it will automatically updated your inventory. 

In order to add an item, you need to go to "Add new item", the cursor in the "Item Code" should be blinking, now you can star scanning the items. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Are we able to use the barcode scanner to update inventory just by scanning the barcode instead of opening a sell form every time? or do we have to manually open sell order and then scan.

Also, when opening a sell order and scanning the barcode, are we able to scan with a quantity amount or do we have to manually update that as well?