problem recording not your typical sync issue

nick|kcin

so I just went to my local computer store ... according to him, I should not be having this issue related to ram ... or anything else regarding my pc... I have an I5 laptop with 4 gigs of ram...  my issue is when I record the video itself is not only out of sync but displaying faster than the sound... as though it is set to 1.5x or 2x somewhere in the settings ....  however it does this randomly... other times it records at regular speed but simply be out of sync...  and there are other times when it does not have any issue at all...  i have just un installed and newly reinstalled the program itself... i am not sure what the issue is at this point... so i thought i would try here before spending money on ram or something else that would not fix the issue i am having... wondering if anyone else ever faced this issue and was able to fix it...

using debut 3.01

i5

4gigs of ram

In order to attempt to fix the issue, make sure to uninstall latest version of Debut 4.04, you can install it from this link: http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/debutpsetup.exe

Once you make sure you install latest version try this:

1. Go to "Control Panel" -> "System" -> "Advanced system settings" -> "Hardware" -> "Device Installation Settings" -> make sure "Yes, do this automatically" is selected -> "Save changes" (if required)
2. Make sure you have the latest videocard, audiocard and MemBoard drivers, all the latest Windows Updates as well as any trusted latest Codec Pack version installed. (reboot PC after each installation)
3. Please, also, make sure that your PC is free of malware and its not overloaded with background running software or antivirus activity and try again

If the issue persist, please open a support at: http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=Debut&home