Microsoft Edge Browser

Flyer

Hi All, 

Following a major update from Microsoft 31 July 2017. I find that I am no longer able to use Microsoft Edge once recording is activated. Chrome and IE browsers work fine. I have updated to 4.04 just to ensure I have the latest version of Debut, but no joy! Any help?

Hello, I was not able to find any information on the Windows updates details about security updates done on Edge specifically, but it is likely that there could be a security update that has cause this to happen only with that browser.  I tested myself and was not able to replicate the issue but I'm sure the July 31st update has not been installed yet.  In any case you may want to check with Microsoft what changes they may have applied to Edge and check if there is a setting in the browser that you may need to change to allow screen capture. 

Chris75,

Thank you for your response. I apologise if I was unclear. 

Screen capture, that is NCH Debut recording the screen activity is fine, but the 'activity' of using the EDGE browser is what I'm trying to record. None of the links work, the mouse pointer does not change to indicate that a link even exists. This 'freezing' only happens when I click the record button on Debut, and resumes back to normal them recording is stopped.

Version of Edge Browser Reads (whether this indicates any updates I'm unsure):

Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 15.15063

I finally cracked it!

There is a compatibility bug in the system when using the EDGE browser.

I had the option ticked ‘Show selection rectangle while recording’.

With it checked, the browser will not respond, but unchecked, your back in business!:D