Help for a newbie!

jim1812

:(

OK guys what did I do wrong????????? I've always considered myself "reasonably" smart (which I realize is a relative term!!!) but this blows me away!

I purchased SoundTap 1.1 tonight. I even read the instructions. I also set up a download folder on my desktop called Radio downloads (original title there!). I found the pgm I wanted to d/l (a bbc4 show called McLevy). I hit the "start recording" button and it said that it was recording. After 45 mins the show was thru and I hit the "stop recording" button. I looked forward to hearing the show again and then burning it to a cd. Guess what? Nowhere was the show to be found. There was no show ... zilch, nada, niente. So what did I do wrong? Other that trying to record a bbc4 murder mystery?

ANY help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim,

There are a couple of things that may have gone wrong. If you were recording to mp3 then you may be missing the mp3 codec. You can download it for free from http://www.nch.com.au/components - you need the one titled Mp3El.

Also make sure you have write permissions on the directory to which you are trying to record.

Regards,

Ben Westgarth

:(

OK guys what did I do wrong?????????  I've always considered myself "reasonably" smart (which I realize is a relative term!!!) but this blows me away!

I purchased SoundTap 1.1 tonight.  I even read the instructions.  I also set up a download folder on my desktop called Radio downloads (original title there!).  I found the pgm I wanted to d/l (a bbc4 show called McLevy).  I hit the "start recording" button and it said that it was recording.  After 45 mins the show was thru and I hit the "stop recording" button.  I looked forward to hearing the show again and then burning it to a cd.  Guess what? Nowhere was the show to be found.  There was no show ... zilch, nada, niente.  So what did I do wrong? Other that trying to record a bbc4 murder mystery?

ANY help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I just installed this software.

I have tried every setting I could with input, the codec is fine, nothing is getting me any recorded files.

My system is Vista Home Premium, I use Winamp, WMP, and RealPlayer,

I will answer any question you want or go down any avenue you suggest.

I want this software to work because I do a lot of recording, I have Total Recorder 6.1 on my XP machines and that is fine; but HighCriteria.com just does not have its act together for DirectSound. So, I NEED this software to work.

>>RSM

Well, I guess I lied. I apparently had not tried everything. I did not understand the business of constantly needing to make changes in

Control Panel|Sound. Now I do, and everytning is running fine.

>>RSM

^Hi,

Could you explain what changes you made through Control Panel|Sound ?

I've been running Soundtap without any problems for about a month. However, as of today, I seem to be experiencing all of the problems listed above and am unable to record. I had been recording fine, but for some reason nothings happening, despite my best efforts to resolve it.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

^Hi,

I've been running Soundtap without any problems for about a month. However, as of today, I seem to be experiencing all of the problems listed above and am unable to record. I had been recording fine, but for some reason nothings happening, despite my best efforts to resolve it.

Hi, sure. But if you were doing O.K., I probably will not be any help.

At first, in Vista, I did not understand the business of going to Control Panel|Sound and having to change *Playback* to Sound Tap Recorder. I mean, you know, that makes absolutely no intuitive sense. But, that IS what the instructions say. And, then, to play back though my player (WMP, Real, or Winamp) having to go BACK and change it again. That is it in a nutshell. So, I am sure this did not help you, and I only hope that your experience does not indicate what I will experience.

I am used to Total Recorder, an absolutely bullet proof piece of software, but not yet ready for Vista Prime Time. I mean, those guys at highcriteria.com who put out Total Recorder should be ashamed. All this time to get ready for SirectSound and they can not get it done???

Best of luck.

>>RSM

^Hi,

Hi, sure. But if you were doing O.K., I probably will not be any help.

At first, in Vista, I did not understand the business of going to Control Panel|Sound and having to change *Playback* to Sound Tap Recorder. I mean, you know, that makes absolutely no intuitive sense. But, that IS what the instructions say. And, then, to play back though my player (WMP, Real, or Winamp) having to go BACK and change it again. That is it in a nutshell. So, I am sure this did not help you, and I only hope that your experience does not indicate what I will experience.

I am used to Total Recorder, an absolutely bullet proof piece of software, but not yet ready for Vista Prime Time. I mean, those guys at highcriteria.com who put out Total Recorder should be ashamed. All this time to get ready for SirectSound and they can not get it done???

Best of luck.

>>RSM