Unable to import any kind of video

GameKyuubi

I'm running Windows 10 and the trial version of VideoPad.  I am unable to import any videos.  Whether I drag them in or click "Add Files" or whatever, they all give me the same error "Failed to load video".  The videos work fine.  They play fine in any video player and I've tried converting one to a few different formats with Handbrake, but nothing works.  It's a real shame because I used VideoPad on another computer and really liked it.

8 hours ago, borate said:

This thread appears to discuss the same issue, though the fix for that user may not apply to your PC.

Yep, saw that.  Unfortunately that fix doesn't apply since there have been numerous updates since then and I'm currently up to date.

Loaded up quickly here.  Apparently there's a issue with your system though I'm at a loss to say what it might be...

Install and run VP as administrator (right-click|RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR) and see if that makes a difference.

1 hour ago, borate said:

Install and run VP as administrator (right-click|RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR) and see if that makes a difference.

That was the first thing I tried, same problem.  It's tempting to point the finger at my system, but other editors like AVS work just fine.  A more descriptive error message would be tremendously helpful.

Please try manually delete these folders and import videos again:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components
  • C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components

Make sure the internet is available. VideoPad will try to download all the missing components automatically.

I just installed it again and this time when I tried to add video I got an error "pure virtual function call" which crashed the program.  Opened it again and now it's back to the original error.

6 hours ago, c_major said:

Please try manually delete these folders and import videos again:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components
  • C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components

Make sure the internet is available. VideoPad will try to download all the missing components automatically.

Those directories did not exist after my Revo uninstall.  I reinstalled the program, checked the locations again.  The second one didn't exist, but the first one did.  I deleted it and reopened VP.  It downloaded new copies of the files.  Still didn't work.  Same error.

Please try:

• In C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components find a folder called ffmpeg23. There should be 5 files in the folder.
  • Manually create C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components
  • Copy the folder ffmpeg23 to C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components
  • Try import video see how it goes

Hi

Perhaps it might be better to clear all the NCH files out and reinstall. Vis...

If the error comes up check the task manager to stop the process running. Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys and press the Esc key to launch Task Manager. (Or use Ctrl/Alt/Delete)

Click the "Processes" tab and click on the "Image Name" column header. Scroll down through the list of processes to make sure the original program that gave the error message is not on the list. If it is in the list, click it and then click "End Process."

If it still crashes do a complete uninstall followed by a cleanout of all NCH files and references in the registry......

Create a PC restoration point to restore back to if any problem arises.

Open VP and note via tools/options/disk where the cache file is.

Uninstall first using the control panel in the normal way. Check if the cache file is still there and if so drag and drop it in the waste bin. (The whole folder) Then do a search for all NCH folders and manually drag any relating to VP to the waste bin. Do a search for Videopad files and VP files etc. and drag these to the waste bin.

Now (from one of my previous posts) do a regedit search for NCH videopad in the registery and delete all those.in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT that relate to NCH.Videopad

Then Check HKEY_CURRENT_USER /Software/NCH Software/ and delete the VideoPad folder.

Then check HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/NCH Software and delete the VideoPad folder

That should just about remove it all. Note the main uninstall should remove most of these anyway but check all the same as I find some do get left.

If it is still there, manually delete the Videopad projects folder from "My documents"

Close down and Reboot the PC and check that VP has gone.

If you encounter any problems just restore back to your saved restoration point.

If all seems well then if you want to, reinstall VP.This of course will place a new Videopad projects folder into "My documents"

Latest version ...latest VP version

Now open VP and see what happens when you drag and drop a single jpg image (for a start) into the clip bin and then from there onto the timeline.

Nat

This is getting ridiculous.  I installed VPE for the very first time a few days ago and the version hasn't changed since then but okay let's try yet again.  Uninstalled, checked all locations listed, all deleted.  Downloaded the latest version again, installation went fine.  Opened VPE.  Dragged in JPG image.  No problems.  Moved image to timeline.  No problems.  Dragged in audio.  No problems.  Moved audio to timeline.  No problems.  Dragged in helicopter.divx that I linked above.  "Failed to load file".  Exactly the same.

2 minutes ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Hmmmm.... Does this happen with mpeg4 clips or .avi clips etc. or only with this particular clip? It's odd sinceas your DivX video  loads and plays OK here.

Nat

As I stated in the title, it happens with all filetypes I've tried, including .divx, .avi, .mov, .webm, and .mp4.