Will Not Burn

Allen Sumner

I downloaded the free Express Burn v 1.09 software and after adding the files to burn, clicked the Burn CD icon. The burn started on the first track, continued for a few seconds and then stopped. The CD was ejected from the burner with the error message to put in another CD or change burn speed. I ruined several blanks changing to several burn speeds with the same result. I am running Windows 2000 with a Pioneer DVD-R/RW drive, model DVR-A05 on a Gateway computer. There is no problem running the Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.3 Basic. I would appreciate any help in this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I waited until the CD time appeared until starting the burn, but after the first track started, I got the message "initializing lead in, lead out" and then it stopped, ejected the CD and gave me the message "Burn has failed. Please try another disk or try a lower speed."

• 2 weeks later...

yike... hopefully NCH folks will provide some feedback soon, which version are you using? They've posted an update recently (3.02 I think), but since they don't tell you what is the most current version it is rather difficult to know ... perhaps this has been resolved in that version, but again since they don't tell you what they fixed in each version, it is also hard to know... I haven't tried recently so I don't know either...