VideoPad Interface Themes

Morbott

I've seen web pages that change where some features are located due to a theme change. It would be a mess if that were to happen on VideoPad because it's like having to get used to the program all over again.

I would only change the colors or style of the buttons when it comes to theme changes, but that's it.

Hi

The idea of "Themes" would involve a lot of work I think and users seem to be reasonably happy with the current layout. The interface looks OK to me but I suppose I am biased as I have watched evolve of a number of years so I am of the same opinion as Ivan .......but I would make the blue Left/right arrows visible in the clip bin headings, They only appear when you hover the mouse over them. -_-

Nat 

Hi, I guess I should have been clearer.

I don't mean to suggest changing anything super substantial like the Icons or layout of the software as I feel good about all that.

It's the current bright color palate of the software that is murder on my eyes (plus it feels kinda old school, IMO).

It would be nice to maybe have a few darker options.

Might make it feel more contemporary and give my eyes  a little break.

M

If you're working in VP for long periods, overall video might be tweaked to temporarily achieve a more pleasing saturation/brightness,

Here, video card setup, accessible via the NVida control panel, offers an "adjust desktop color settings" configuration screen.

That would affect the color of the thing I'm working on. I don't want that. I just want an option to have a version of the software that is darker.

It's a nice feature that other software out there offer the user. I think Kdenlive offers 4 different color themes for the software. I know, I know.... why don't I just go and use Kdenlive... you might ask. I tried and had bigger problems with it than the color of the software. So I abandoned it. I tried VideoPad and really like it for what it can do. Now if only they can make it so it's not so jarring on the eyes... that would take it up notch for me. 

• 2 months later...
On 21/04/2017 at 5:04 AM, c_major said:

We are planing a darken look for VideoPad (in fact, for all NCH products). To get an idea how it would look like please check out PhotoPad.

At this stage, no decision has been made yet.

Oh please make VideoPad in the same theme.  Take a look at the competition, Power Director, Corel's offering, Magix Movie Studio, HitMovie, Resolve, they all have graded black / grey layouts like the PhotoPad application.

Malcolm 

• 6 months later...

It's my understanding you need to uninstall and then re-install the software. It has some weird 50% chance to choose a between the light and dark themes, so bizarre. I hope they just add it as a selectable option within the software.

I'm on the other side, I like the dark theme.

33 minutes ago, brianswilson said:

I see the dark/charcoal interface changes have been  implemented.  Unfortunately this makes the product unreadable for me.  How can we switch this back to the white background and make this usable again?  I've looked but I don't see any theme related configurations.

See this thread please.