Video Pad Editor free not opening saved projects

Matthew.

I am wondering if anyone has encountered the problem of not being able to open a project because, "the project has 3 or more video or audio tracks. Please upgrade to video pad professional to load it." While I was working on the video and editing it over the course of the week, I could save it with one video track and two audio tracks and reopen the project with out a problem. However, once I added narration and music at the beginning and end and put it into the second audio slot and saved it, I get the notification quoted above. So basically I spent around five hours of editing and it resulted in not being able to access my video.

The only other thing that I could think of that might have happened is that when I saved it, all my narration was moved down into a third audio slot. The only reason I have for thinking this is that after I finished narrating a section, it would move down into the third slot and I manually moved it into the second audio slot. But when I saved it all audio was in the first and second slots.

I understand not being able to export the video if more audio and video slots are filled than the free amount allows, but totally restricting someone from fixing it and accessing the video is completely unreasonable.

The quick fix, it would seem, is to purchase a license. ^_^  But if that's not possible, and the project is a small one, please zip all its files, including the narration, music and VPJ data file into a single folder, upload it to a server like DropBox, MS OneDrive, Google Drive, etc and link it here..  Someone will take a look and try to make sense out of what took place.

Hi Matthew

I assume you're using the Mac App Store free version which only has this restriction. 

11 hours ago, Matthew. said:

I understand not being able to export the video if more audio and video slots are filled than the free amount allows, but totally restricting someone from fixing it and accessing the video is completely unreasonable.

If we go this route (restrict exporting if there are more than 2 tracks), Apple will reject VideoPad from the App Store. Apple requires feature limits like this to be shown upfront, and not later (e.g. during exporting)

Please try opening your project using the NCH website version (http://nchsoftware.com/videopad/vpmaci.zip). You can then edit your project to limit it to max 2 tracks then it can be reopened in the App Store free version.

Hi

You could try this as a possible workaround.........

Create your video as you have done on several tracks (and which you say won't export) but once you are satisfied with it, convert the whole lot to a sequence. This will leave all the tracks empty.  Load the sequence back now to Track1, (it should now load back on a single track) and then export it. (The sound will be there but for some reason Audio Track 1 will appear empty)

Nat

On 4/9/2017 at 8:09 PM, borate said:

You're halfway there.  That's the data (VPJ) file.  Now what's needed are all the source files (clips) - images, video, audio, narration, etc.  If there are many dozens, please zip them into a single file.

I am not sure if this worked but here is the link to a zipped file with all the clips, narration, and music: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w5cj024vxj3kgy/zipped video file.zip?dl=0

Thanks again for your time.

Two clips appear to be missing - the intro and wav file 0013.  You might upload those as well.  No need to zip.

Two tracks of about six-minutes duration load here, but my PC Videopad version may not precisely duplicate what you see on the Mac.

Have you tried macfly's suggestion?

Here is your completed video - 1280 x 720 Mp4.  It indeed had two audio channels.

Here is the zipped project with those two channels combined.  It's problematic whether it will load into your Mac, but it does on the PC.  Unzip, then click on the VPJ file.

You might want to work on audio a bit more, as narration is sometimes buried in the effects.  Suggest that all non-stereo material be on both channels, as with narration, (center-channel stereo) and that music or efx be dipped so that the narration 'pops.'

Thank you all so much for your time, especially borate! I have learned so much and now that I have everything in order I can quickly perfect the video this weekend. I might need some help combining audio tracks and leaving one at a lower volume than the other. (if that is possible) 

Adjust overall balance and volume of an entire track with the sliders to its left.

Individual audio clips can be tweaked;  double-click them.

Effects can be applied;  select (highlight) an audio click, then click the AUDIO EFFECTS icon.

Clips can be made into WAV files, edited elsewhere, then brought back into VP.

Click ? for HELP.