Contact is quite the Runaround

ShelleyAnn

Hi,

A few months ago, I purchased the Switch audio converter and I have had constant issues with it. It works fine when I first time my computer on but after about an hour it will just not do anything. I won't convert anything. I have to either restart my computer or completely shut it down and then re-start all over again and then it works. I run a home business so I cannot be continually shutting down my computer several times a day in order to use my Switch converter. I have sent several emails to NCH but have received no response. I have paid for this switch converter so I feel as though I should get some response back. I have NOT purchased premium support because, for one, if I can't get the converter to work properly, I really don't want to pay more money for something else that may not work unless I know I will get the service.

I would appreciate any help from anyone INCLUDING NCH please!!!!!

Thanks.

ShelleyAnn

Hi,

A few months ago, I purchased the Switch audio converter and I have had constant issues with it. It works fine when I first time my computer on but after about an hour it will just not do anything. I won't convert anything. I have to either restart my computer or completely shut it down and then re-start all over again and then it works. I run a home business so I cannot be continually shutting down my computer several times a day in order to use my Switch converter. I have sent several emails to NCH but have received no response. I have paid for this switch converter so I feel as though I should get some response back. I have NOT purchased premium support because, for one, if I can't get the converter to work properly, I really don't want to pay more money for something else that may not work unless I know I will get the service.

I would appreciate any help from anyone INCLUDING NCH please!!!!!

Thanks.

ShelleyAnn

Hi,

On this case, I would suggest you, to verify if you have any other app running in the background while working with Switch. Because depending on the computer performance or the apps open while using Switch it might affect the software.

Also if you received an error message. It will be better if you take a screenshot and you submit a Support Ticket on the NCH Software Website. Or using this link: http://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

• 2 months later...

I had difficulty getting in touch as support that's paid for even appears to be telephone related.  Really just a little anguish from my seven years with switch, before looking to the 'hospitable' or not, so as an assist or a few pages.  The demo was so easy.  So I'm just blowing off steam, unless someone has found a helpful format that applies to the software for v4.94 intel.

here goes........... I bought this for about $30.00 sometime ago.  I haven’t seen any updates, and have difficulty with the software at times.  
These days the menu doesn’t display in a usable fashion.  Not quite sure of the purchase, guess I liked the demo.  I wasn’t 
aware of the limitations on audio conversion from video which worked, (if I recall correct), on trying out the software.  I thought 
it was pretty cool to just drag a file over and convert in some manner.  Seemed automated which works for me as computer 
programs that takes dedication and much effort from the user isn’t for me.  I’ve noticed a number of companies have better 
demos than they are when later purchased.  

Kind of ironic with all the saints saying to pay.  Frankly I did better before, and if I used any discretion would have troves of 
wonderful software.  I see the program is half the price I paid, not many users, and as limited support as ever (no manual 
for when the software stopped doing its job, or needed mor encouragement.  I think they’’re great programs, which makes 
great sense until noticing that by the time another use comes up, another program needs to be purchased.  Sorry about all 
the negativity, but it has worked when Switch ‘feels like it’….lately not much.  Did I not register properly.  

The YouTube back up advice is not a great way to go.  Had I noticed the conversions were limited, the menu grey, and no text 
to refer to, I may have had greater reservations.  Though fairly consistent with luck for attempting to be honest in regards to paying guys that think this stuff up.  

Something to do with registering proper like??   Since joining the forum, there is a contact form, which is encouraging.

Thank You for checking this for me, Nathan Sady

Edited by Natan
noticed there is a contact form here.

Once in awhile Switch converted a file which easily transferred to the 'Amazing Slow Downer'.  

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as I don't whether nor when the software will work.  As for 

premium support, I believe there should be intermediate support rather then a forum and the 

company's bizarre challenge to hold off on any recommendation unless paid......that's plain cold.  

Had I noticed, not a grand forte of mine, I'd stay with the free version.  Like paying for an upgrade 

with questionable software performance issues only, I feel this is a perverse way of taking people, 

who are trying to do the right thing by monetary reward for their efforts.  We learn it doesn't always 

pan out.  Before security got severe anyone, all of us could have put many, many instruments on a 

separate drive.  Looking back now, that was the smart thing to do, and completely justified.  

Miffed