How to split the screen in two

RaffaeleDB

Hi all!

could you please help me? I would need to split the video in 2 parts (horizontally or vertically ) so that I could see on the lower part one clip and on the top part another one. I tried it all but I could not make it!

Thanks in advance for your support and help!

Regards

Raffaele

You could use the "Scale" video effect on both clips, and set them to 0.50 vertically. Then, just use the "Position" video effect to move them.

This, from Videopad HELP - echoing what Ivan suggests...

Split Screen

Allows you to crop the clip to take up a predefined portion of the image. To achieve a split screen effect, overlay a clip and assign the initial clip and the overlay to different halves.

A tutorial is here. Though it's for a slightly different version, you will get the idea.

Hi

Place clip 1 on video track 1

Place clip 2 on the overlay track so it is above clip1. Clip 2 will overlay Clip1.

Click the FX button for Clip 2 (on the overlay track)and select SCALE

Adjust horizontal scale to 0.5. Maintain the AR and the vertical scale will also be 0.5

Now add the POSITION effect.

Adjust the horizontal value to 25

The overlay clip will now cover half the frame.

Click the FX button for Clip 1 (main track)and select SCALE

Adjust horizontal scale to 0.5. Maintain the AR and vertical scale will also change to 0.5

Now add the POSITION effect.

Adjust the horizontal value to -25

Both clips will now be seen side by side. The AR will have been maintained for each so there will be bars (or chequered areas) at the top and bottom of the frame. This isinevitable as you can't get two full 16:9 frames next to each other without cropping one or both clips.

If you want the clips one above the other then enter the values into the vertical boxes.

Nat