Caller Id "unknown"

UdaySanghvi

IVM shows Caller Id as unknown. I have motorola sm56 speakerphone modem. I know it supports caller id. I have caller id facility from my telephone company. My Caller id instrument shows the caller id. But IVM does not. I stay in Mumbai, India

Can somebody help?

IVM shows Caller Id as unknown.  My Caller id instrument shows the caller id. But IVM does not.

This maybe a kindergarden level answer, but I missed it when I was testing mine. As the help manual says, be sure to set the rings before answer to at least TWO RINGS. Caller ID information is transmitted between the 1st and 2nd rings. Like I said, I missed that one myself.. I am a Male of the species, and incapable of reading instructions until forced to. :)

This maybe a kindergarden level answer, but I missed it when I was testing mine. As the help manual says, be sure to set the rings before answer to at least TWO RINGS. Caller ID information is transmitted between the 1st and 2nd rings. Like I said, I missed that one myself.. I am a Male of the species, and incapable of reading instructions until forced to.  :)

I am aware of this fact. I have already set the rings to 4 rings. Still no caller id.

• 2 months later...
Are you sure your device has capabilities for caller ID?

Yes! its a HSP 56 MR VIA. It suppose to have... and with an external Caller Id works... but no with the software... May be I need to configure something else to set the computer to listen the modem and catch the caller id info. Here, that info is transmited BEFORE the first ring.

Thanks Jezzzero!

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem, I have configured IVM for 8 rings before answer, still callerID is unknown. Before installing this software, I used a caller display answer machine which works fine.

I have an Intel 536EP PCI Modem, acording to Intels website, it does support Caller ID.

When I run Query, one section which is bugging me, is AT#CLS=? , Response is COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED.

Is AT#CLS the Caller ID ?

suggestions please?