Sequences

yonargi1

I constructed my video in three sequences, and was able to bring them all back together again. But when I did that, they no longer showed the extra tracks. Thus I am not able to polish up some things that I want to do to make my video "finished." How can I get back at least the "text" track?

I constructed my video in three sequences, and was able to bring them all back together again. But when I did that, they no longer showed the extra tracks.

Did you first export (produce) the sequence/s, before adding them back into VP? If so, they are now simply CLIPS. Individual elements will not be accessible.

Instead, choose FILE|BACKUP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER or SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS. When you click the VPJ file in the backup folder, the project will be reconstructed as it was when saved.

Hi

Also a point to note is that if you open a project from the Backup vpj file or a project from the usual .vpj file you will not have an active UNDO tab.

This means that if you have created your sequences and placed them on the timelineline to recreate the finished article you will not be able to return to a previous arrangement of files. Once you save or backup your project you lose that ability.

Nat

I just had a thought before I upload. My sequences are split so ONE video will be okay. I can upload that without worry. But the other video has two sequences. Will VP detect this and only print ONE sequence (Sequence 2)? Or will it put Sequence 2 after Sequence 1? My whole video is on Sequence 2 now. If it prints Sequence 2 after Sequence 1, that will mean that will have two Sequence 1s on the video. But if I take Sequence 1 out of my completed video, and VP DOESN'T print Sequence 1, my video will be incomplete. QUESTION: How does VP print sequences? The answer will tell me what I need to do.

Hi

I think we need to clarify what you mean by the word "sequence"

In the normal sense it is a series of individual video clips placed in order on the timeline.They are not linked in any way apart from their chronological order.

However, from the standpoint of VP a "Sequence" is a collection of clips/images/effects etc. that you have edited on the timeline and which you have converted to a SINGLE CLIP using the option "Sequence" and "Add"

VP creates this single clip and places it in the Sequence Bin. This now is a Sequence.

Following this procedure the timeline is cleared for further editing.

Sequences then, are single clips. They can be placed on the timeline like clips. i.e. You can add a sequence to another sequence on the timeline and further edit them if required. You can split them and insert them. In nearly all respects they behave like individual clips. You can even create new sequences from them. (Although processing these can take time).

From the exporting point of view. (I think you mean Export when you say "Print" they behave like normal timeline clips.

If you place Sequence 1 (made up of lots of CLIPS) on the timeline you can export it as normal to make a video.

You can then clear the timeline by deleting Sequence 1 from it . (Don't worry - It will remain in the Sequence Bin)

Now place Sequence 2 (made up of a lot of clips) on the timeline followed by Sequence 3. (made up of a lot of clips).

You can export this combination of 2 sequences (just like 2 clips) to produce another video.

Video 1 will be Sequence 1

Video 2 will be Sequence 2 followed by Sequence 3.

Hope this clarifies things a little

Nat