Fade Text In and Out

yonargi1

How do I fade text in and then fade it out again? Yesterday the "effects" icon, along with the "F" (as I remember) above it were showing on my project. But today I can't find them. Nor does the right click "Fade In" and "Fade out" appear when I click my mouse.

I am using v. 4.48.

How do I fade text in and then fade it out again? Yesterday the "effects" icon, along with the "F" (as I remember) above it were showing on my project. But today I can't find them. Nor does the right click "Fade In" and "Fade out" appear when I click my mouse. I am using v. 4.48.

If a clip on the timeline is too short the FADE and EFX buttons may not be shown. Select the clip, click VIDEO EFFECTS and apply a transparency, using keyframes. (Zero transparency at head of fade, 100% at end.)

For the audio track, a right-click should list FADE IN/OUT.

Hi

As an alternative...

Click the FX button on the text clip.

Click the green + and open the Transparency effect.

Click the down arrow on the Select Preset box.

Select Fade In and Out from the choices.

Now click the green cross tab at the top of the keyframe.animation window.(Add keyframes) You will see that the fade In and Out animation line is rather basic. (Up to the middle of the clip and back down again)

Just grab the line just after the start and drag it up to the top. Do the same just before the end. This should produce a nice fade in and out.

Here's the animation pane before and after...

BEFORE

118995ae06dd688add88b5f7706c4eb9.jpg

AFTER

8b42fe8de5ee82ed6c80840576937a84.jpg

Nat