Not for Profit Set Up

Nasho23

I am testing this Software for use in my Not for Profit Association.

I need sound advice on setting up only those things I need for our level of accounting, based on information we already use.

We do not have Commercial Business Dealings, which this Software is really developed for, and for that purpose it looks great.

However, I need to be able to create End Of Month and End of Year, Income Statements and Balance Sheet Reports, and possible other smaller reports.

There is a possibility of needing to provide Australian BAS reports for recovery of GST paid on Purchases.

I believe I only need to consider Money coming in (Income) as per Membership Fees, Donations, Members Money coming in for Excursions, etc, and, Money going out (Expenses) as per Excursion Expenses and various other Operational Outgoings.

There will be a need to have the ability to transfer Funds between Bank Accounts, as we use a Cheque Account and have Term Deposit Accounts.

I need to create a Chart of Accounts for this Accounting, so I need to know:-

a) Can Main Account Headings be set up at First Level.

B) Can Group Accounts be created at Second Level.

c) Can Sub Accounts be set up at Third Level.

d) How many levels can be created in Chart of Accounts.

I am testing this Software for use in my Not for Profit Association.

I need sound advice on setting up only those things I need for our level of accounting, based on information we already use.

We do not have Commercial Business Dealings, which this Software is really developed for, and for that purpose it looks great.

However, I need to be able to create End Of Month and End of Year, Income Statements and Balance Sheet Reports, and possible other smaller reports.

There is a possibility of needing to provide Australian BAS reports for recovery of GST paid on Purchases.

I believe I only need to consider Money coming in (Income) as per Membership Fees, Donations, Members Money coming in for Excursions, etc, and, Money going out (Expenses) as per Excursion Expenses and various other Operational Outgoings.

There will be a need to have the ability to transfer Funds between Bank Accounts, as we use a Cheque Account and have Term Deposit Accounts.

I need to create a Chart of Accounts for this Accounting, so I need to know:-

a) Can Main Account Headings be set up at First Level.

B) Can Group Accounts be created at Second Level.

c) Can Sub Accounts be set up at Third Level.

d) How many levels can be created in Chart of Accounts.

Hi.

For creating an end of the month or any other date, the report is really easy in the main window of the software there is an option that says "Report" on the top from there you will be able to choose if you want an Income Statement or if you want a Sales Reports Invoices Reports. There you will be able to choose from dates or periods.

It is also possible to transfer funds between Accounts. to do that please click on the "Bank" tab and there you will see an option that says "Transfer between Accounts"

On the Chat of accounts, you will be able to create as much has you need it and it will depend on how would you like to manage them for the level type. If you have issues with it please open a support ticket.

You can always download and try the software by yourself the software will let you work with it for a while before blocking and ask you to purchase.

As well if you get any issues you can contact the tech support and opening a support ticket directly using this link: http://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

Thank you for the advice offered.

I hope I will be able to work it out.

You have raised a point of concern for me.

I obtained this Software with the belief that it was Free for Non Commercial Use.

What you wrote in you Reply Post suggests this may not be correct.

Can we please have this clarified, as I do not wish to waste time in setting up, only to fine in a few months time it is of no use to me.

Regards

Owen Carlton

Nasho23

There is a free version of Express Accounts. However, it's meant for home use. A non-profit would need Express Accounts Plus, available at http://www.nchsoftwa...ting/index.html

This is for home use actually.

At the moment I am simply testing its ease of use, etc, by using Data from a Not for Profit I am a Member of, as its workings are similar to what I may need; No Double Entry.

Currently I use Microsoft My Money for managing my Home Accounts.

My intention is; If I find I am comfortable with this software, I intend to move my Microsoft My Money Data across to it, because Microsoft no longer support Money 2007.

I would assume that this would meet the requirements for the Free Version.

Please advise if that is not the case, as I do not wish to waste more time playing with it.