how to dial out to a Skype username

Hi,

I've managed to get Uplink to work with a single incoming Skype call to my Axon pbx then redirected to Express Talk. This works very well.

But... how do I call a Skype user from ExpressTalk > Axon > Uplink > Skype?

Is Uplink only limited to SkypeOut numbers?

Cheers. Fabian

Managed to get this working too.

Just remember that whenever you change any settings in Uplink to exit and re open Uplink again. 

Cheers.  Fabian

I cant get it to work how exactly did you get expresstalk to dial a skypeout number or skype username . Thanks in advance.

SO far I have been able to get Expresstalk ring when on an incoming call but cannot place calls to skype numbers or skype username

I cant get it to work how exactly did you get expresstalk to dial a  skypeout number or skype username . Thanks in advance.

SO far I have been able to get  Expresstalk ring when on an incoming call but cannot place calls to skype numbers or skype username

Ahhh... well you can't. Well you can but only to one skype number at a time. In Uplink's Settings you can set the Skype username to call. Once set then if you call the uplink extension via ExpressTalk you'll be redirected to Skype username which you entered in Uplink.

I'm waiting for NCH to build the ability to cater for more than one skype account... then I'm really thinking skype/SIP call centre. :)

Cheers. Fabian

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, about the dialing out problem..

Refering to Uplink help:

Using Uplink:

- Use a prefix digit to indicate to your PBX that it should make the call on the external Skype line.

So there should be a way to dial Skype numbers from another sip account in a pbx. I guess the option "General" -> "when SIP calls" -> "Use dialled number" is used for handling this.

Does anyone know for what else it could be used? I don't have any idea.

I tried to make it work, but the only effect I get it's that Skype returns error similar to "Couldn't find user test. It's unreachable." Where 'test' is the name of sip client used to connect Uplink to my PBX. (That's right -> it's the number I dial in my PBX, but it doesn't make any sense :/ )

• 2 months later...

in skype setup speed dial for all your skype contacs

in Axon set up a dailplan to uplink with out the "+"

in my dail plan

if the call starts with 9 it removes the 9 adds + sends it out over uplink

if the call starts with 8 it removes the 8 and sends it out to uplink

hope that makes sence

I've got it to work. In Axon I've added in the dailing plan a rule that if the number is 501 it's removing 0 digits and the prepend is the name of the person you want to call in Skype plus an @. So if you want to call echo123, then it will be:

echo123@. The "dail on line" is then the external line you have created for your uplink line.

In uplink use the option "When SIP calls Use the dailed number". AXON will now translate the 501 to echo123@. Uplink will now pass the echo123 to Skype.

• 2 years later...
I've got it to work. In Axon I've added in the dailing plan a rule that if the number is 501 it's removing 0 digits and the prepend is the name of the person you want to call in Skype plus an @. So if you want to call echo123, then it will be:

echo123@. The "dail on line" is then the external line you have created for your uplink line.

In uplink use the option "When SIP calls Use the dailed number". AXON will now translate the 501 to echo123@. Uplink will now pass the echo123 to Skype.

Hi,

I have the same problem. I didnt undertand :( what is the prepend value of the the Outbound Dialing Plan. To make it clear, what were the values of the the Outbound Dialing Plan that were used in the fields: If number starts with, Remove digits, Prepend and Dial on line C

Cheers, Jose

• 2 months later...

FYI, I do this in FreePBX with a custom trunk (that points to an extension) like this

Custom trunk = SIP/$OUTNUM$@4999

where 4999 is the extension that SIP2skypre registers to.

I then establish extensions for those users that I must reach by skype. In the dial command on the extension I then use SIP/SkypeUserName@4999, and uplink merrily sends the call to skype.

to clarify each extension serves as a skype destination. I could just as well do it this way in the extensions SIP/SKypeUserName@uplinkIP:5070 but I think that what I defined previously is better because it better accommodates an IP address change.

It is cumbersome, but the best solution I have found for the people I must call on Hype.

• 6 months later...

Or just use an older model of skype something before the 4.1 (I say use an older version as last I checked the new skype had lost this function. There was talk of them reintroducing it which they may have done by now)

In skype right click the person in your list and create the quick dial number.

Now just dial the line setup for skype in axon and the quick dial number.

So if your skype uplink is 6 and you gave the person the number 9

You would dial 69

Have fun