Audio Tracks do not expand vertically when more than one is added.

scarbo

On the timeline, if I add only a video (+associated audio) then they both enlarge vertically to fit the whole of the space in the timeline. If I then add another audio track, it is no longer possible to enlarge each audio track more than a fixed number of pixels. The problem this causes is that the waveform pattern is not clear enough to see how to line up points in the video audio with points in the new audio. This is one of the main reasons why I need VideoPad, and at present it is really awkward to work around this.

Could you change the software so that when a second audio track is added to an existing video+audio track, they can be expanded as much as needed?

Also this has nothing to do with the Expand/Collapse track button. Even fully expanded it is stuck at a small number of pixels height, and cannot be enlarged any more. This makes it impossible to see any fine detail in the audio waveform. Please see the pic below for an illustration.

Thanks for your help! ;)

nch_pic.jpg

Hi

Unfortunately you can't do this when more than one audio track is present. A single track will enlarge vertically if it is expanded and the upper portion of the screen is dragged up using the dots and the video track is also moved up in the same way.

If there is more than one audio track present (as in your image) then you can only expand it.

Moving the dots up or collapsing the video track in this scenario has no effect on the size of the expanded tracks which remain as shown in your image.

You can of course zoom in on the tracks but they will only enlarge sideways. Selecting the audio track in question and then using Clip Preview is about a close as you are going to get

Nat

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. I just purchased VP to help align two audio tracks and was very disappointed to see that the audio can't be resized when there is more than one track. This is a very serious bug which should have been fixed long ago. Audio editing is almost unusable at the existing vertical sizes.

I beg to differ, but the display is not ample at all. With one audio track, the display can be resized at will and is wonderful! As soon as you add a second track, they collapse and can not be resized. There is also a lot of space wasted saying "Drag and drop your audio tracks here to mix". In fact, the drag and drop area is bigger than the displayed audio track area! This bug has been known about since the at least the beginning of this thread. What is the status of this? It is a significant problem.

I have a saved image to illustrate, but can't figure out how to upload it. It isn't "saved" or a URL.

Hi

You are basically correct. Certainly with one audio track it can be made to appear quite wide although you have to click the plus sign as pointed out by Borate and also move the preview window up using the 5 horizontal dots....

aEr7G.jpg

Adding a second audio track  and clicking the + does however, enlarge the track but you lack the ability to drag it down like the thumbnail track for enlargement. Consequently it leaves  as you point out a  lower space for additional tracks that is not usable in this repect. If you drag the thumbnail track up it simply shows more of the space. This as large as you can get the tracks per se...

aEUjj.jpg

It's not a bug, just a design feature that could be ameliorated. It has been mentioned in the past. All the same if you want to look at your audio track in more detail you can select it and use Clip Preview.

aEi3l.jpg

I think it is still on the cards this may be altered in a later version.

Nat