I want to buy it, but the 10 hour limitation on recordings is what keeps me away

Valentin

Hi!

Is there a way to increase the maximum of hours for recording ? The idea is that i want to use this software for creating 24hr recordings of a chat box and the 10-hour limitation would force me to have 3 videos created for 1 day of recording.

This is a serious no-no for me, because combining the videos each day would probably require many many hours and unnecessary effort.

Additionally:

Does the software prevent corruption in videos during sudden system restarts or insufficient hard disk space ? I've used another application in the past and whenever those two things were happening to me, the video would end up being useless. If not, can you at least implement a function so that when the HDD reaches a certain minimum the video would stop automatically? Much better to stop than to have it corrupted.

Thank you!

I presume you mean "increase the maximum of hours for recording".

Do you already own Debut? If so, you can try unticking the "Limit recording..." box and see what happens.

On your additional query - in my experience, recordings that are not stopped 'properly', but interrupted by system restarts or program crashes, are irretrievable, kaput. I don't know of a screen-capture program that could cope with that but there may be one :unsure:

As well as Debut I use a stream downloader, and that one does finish off "recordings" in the event of a system crash, but not if the program itself becomes "not responding", which has occasionally happened since I installed it on Windows10, it was intended for Windows7. I don't know how this downloader would fare with chats.

You can download streams with Debut by selecting Network rather than Screen - that might be worth investigating via Debut Support, or maybe someone here has experience with it.

0ktRrou.jpg

As for running out of hard disk space, that's not happened to me but I imagine that Debut would stop itself and that the recording would be viable.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

"I presume you mean "increase the maximum of hours for recording"." - Yes

"Do you already own Debut? If so, you can try unticking the "Limit recording..." box and see what happens."

A1w6Axv.png

How? (I really don't understand the reason for the 10 hour limit. It doesn't make any sense)

In regards to selecting the network for recording, i can't because it's not a downloadable stream.

Thanks for your response.

"Do you already own Debut? If so, you can try unticking the "Limit recording..." box and see what happens."

A1w6Axv.png

How?

I've had SIX Debut licences in my time :o

The suggestion I made was based on v1.74:

eYwZWNk.png

However, I have now checked v2.26 and that tick box has been 'withdrawn'.

I wonder if it might be possible for you to install an older version to test and see if unchecking the box will allow Debut to accomplish what you need? I have only just discovered OldVersion.com, where they host old versions of lots of software - this is the download page for Debut, it only goes up to 1.70 and they're nearly all beta versions - but they're probably identical to the release versions.

http://www.oldversio...-video-capture/

Whatever you do, don't download 1.61 - the screenshot slides across the screen, so that if you take a repeat of the same area you get a different area. Many Debut releases are buggy, nice little earners ;) I think it was 2.12 on which I spent ages to-ing and fro-ing with Support sorting out the faulty Text Caption.

I can't imagine what you are going to do with 24-hour recordings of a Chat box, but that's not your problem :P

In the end i will probably use the latest version and just record in segments of 10-20 minutes that i will combine at the end of the day. Let's say that this approach will be much safer in case of unexpected system shutdowns or app crashes.

I've found an application (Video to Video) that joins the files at much better speeds than some of the previous apps that were requiring at least 10 hours for the same task. The problem with the earlier builds recommended by you is that they don't have the option to hide the mouse cursor. Other versions don't even have the "scheduling" feature available.

I hope that one day the developers, who, by the way, disappointed me by being inactive in this conversation, will change a line of code and remove the 10 hour limit for recordings so that i could use the application at its maximum potential. If not, at least i hope that they can provide an explanation for why the limit was put in place anyways.

Thank you for the responses, clemenzina!