Problems using Line 6 Helix as Audio Interface

fazer1k

I am attempting to record in Mixpad using my Line 6 Helix as an audio interface.

I can select the interface in Mixpad and files I import will play through Helix but, when I enable recording, I get a message that there is a problem with my interface and that I should check to see whether it is turned on and connected properly.

I can record using Wavepad without problems although neither Mixpad or Wavepad will allow me to select any particular settings for the 8 inputs or 8 outputs Helix offers ('Default' is the only option listed in Mixpad's settings). The Helix does show input/output options with different software e.g. SoundForge, and Mixpad is able to see the inputs and outputs listed for my Apollo Twin interface so this seems to be a strange issue.

I am using a Macbook Pro running Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite).

I should be grateful for any help you can offer. Thanks.

I am attempting to record in Mixpad using my Line 6 Helix as an audio interface.

I can select the interface in Mixpad and files I import will play through Helix but, when I enable recording, I get a message that there is a problem with my interface and that I should check to see whether it is turned on and connected properly.

I can record using Wavepad without problems although neither Mixpad or Wavepad will allow me to select any particular settings for the 8 inputs or 8 outputs Helix offers ('Default' is the only option listed in Mixpad's settings). The Helix does show input/output options with different software e.g. SoundForge, and Mixpad is able to see the inputs and outputs listed for my Apollo Twin interface so this seems to be a strange issue.

I am using a Macbook Pro running Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite).

I should be grateful for any help you can offer. Thanks.

I have now been able to make MixPad work correctly with my Line 6 Helix. Believe it or not the cure was to uninstall a driver Line 6 released, which was designed, I believe, to lower latency. I understand that this latency problem has been more of an issue for 'El Capitan' users so I'm glad I didn't upgrade! Apologies if I wasted anyone's time.

Hi fazer1k,

No time wasted! In fact it's great that you posted back the fix :) Hopefully anyone else who has the same problem will be able to use this as a reference.

Regards,

Ben

Unfortunately I made a mistake and, although I can now see the inputs and outputs listed correctly, I cannot get Mixpad to work with my external interfaces. I have made a separate post about this.