Trouble picking up VOIP calls

Andrew

Hi,

My IVM Answering attendent works fine with normal analog line but does not pick up VOIP line. Log shows

"Answered Line...."

"Playback message ...."

But the phone keeps ringing as if the modem never picked up the call. "I've used both an Intel 537EP DFV Voice modem and a Zoom 3025C. Both exhibit the same issue. Hope someone on this frum can give me a pointer where to look next. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

How is your system set up. I am currently running Vonage VOIP. As far as IVM is concerned, the VOIP is just another analog line. Also after a couple of rings, do you get any CallerID info. Does the "info bubble" show up in the botom right with the Line, number and CallerID info?

Is the analog and VOIP lines connected to the same modem or different modems?

Mike

Hi,

My IVM Answering attendent works fine with normal analog line but does not pick up VOIP line.  Log shows

"Answered Line...."

"Playback message ...."

But the phone keeps ringing as if the modem never picked up the call.  "I've used both an Intel 537EP DFV Voice modem and a Zoom 3025C.  Both exhibit the same issue.  Hope someone on this frum can give me a pointer where to look next.  Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Need way more information to help you. What version of IVM are you running?

If prior to 3.0; if you are using Vontage or some other VOIP device, it should feed into the modems like a normal phone line and really has nothing to do with VOIP itself. Probably a modem compatibility issue. :blink:

If you are using 3.0; you can receive VOIP directly from your broadband service. Make sure your firewall has all the right ports directed to your IVM box, and that you don't have any other VOIP software installed beside IVM that could be competing for the VOIP services. B)

• 2 weeks later...

VOIP does not use you modem except to provide an internet connection in some cases. I assume you modem is purely for telephone input and you have a separate internet connection.

Please note you cannot test using the same SIP account in IVM and your softphone (Express Talk say). Most SIP providers will prevent this and the call will never work.

If you still have problems please contact me

craig@nch.com.au

and send me a copy of

c:\siptrace.txt

immediately after attempting a call.