Soundtap stdriverx86.sys uses 100% cpu

ccastr50

Forgive me if this has come up before. I searched for an answer on the forum but didn't see any.

Running Windows 7 and Soundtap V2.31.

Whenever I play a sound my cpu goes to 100% busy due to stdriverx86.sys driver. So, when I play a song from Windows Media Player, or iTunes or Youtube the cpu goes to 100% busy. As soon as I close down the program that was playing the music then cpu utilization goes back to normal.

I've deinstalled Soundtap and reinstalled to no avail. When I deinstall the driver does get removed.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi, currently we have reported this issue to our developers, however, we do not have an estimated when the issue would be addressed. So far this seems like a conflict between that stdriverx86.sys driver and the Realtek audio driver. We have tested the program on Windows 10 and there seems to be no issues between these two drivers. In any case we will add your email address to our watcher's list and as soon as there is an update on this topic we will notify you by email.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The problem is still present in version 4.0. I noticed when re-installing Soundtap (before re-booting) the CPU usage went to 0%. You would think that after more than 3 years the developers would figure out what is going on.