Problems exporting ANY videos

cottrell2909

Nat's result has been replicated here, using 7.51;  there appears to be nothing missing.

But there was a glitch at the 2:45 dissolve which appears to be a bug that will be fixed.

If a VP-to-YouTube direct upload fails try an Mp4 or AVI video export and use their uploader.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nat and Borate, thanks a lot for both of your suggestions and for taking the time to review my "Memories of Itay" video. A few days ago, I finally got my video to export properly (with all the photos and effects) when I transferred the project from my PC (which is 8 or 9 years old and perhaps might have stability/RAM issues as a result) to my new Mac (which I generally use only for recording on Garageband). Even on my Mac, I encountered similar problems, but after two or three attempts, I shut it down, restarted Videopad and cleared the cache, and mysteriously, the last attempt exported properly and it's now on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj4miVAkzwU . 

Yesterday, I compiled another video for another song of mine (though this time, I used only two EP/album cover images I did on Photoshop, and varied them by using various Videopad effects), and fortunately, this time around, everything exported well (on my PC, without needing to do that on my Mac). Anyhow, thanks again to both of you for your help and Happy New Year.  If you both are in the regions of Australia** that have been hit badly by the wildfires, I hope things improve soon. Marc Fedak, Toronto Canada.

** I'm guessing that you both work at NCH, and my understanding is it's based on Australia. 

Edited by Marc Fedak

HI

Glad it's working OK. :)   NCH is based in Australia as you say and also in the US. 

**Not employed by NCH at all, we are just users of the software who like to offer advice and like problem solving on the forum (If possible). We can pass problems to the developers if required though.  Thanks for your wishes and a Happy new Year to you as well.

Nat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am having similar problem, on VP preview everything works perfectly, but every time when try to export there is some issue - missing videos, text blocks messed around and missing sound , I have licensed version 8.18. Not sure what I am doing wrong. 

Let's take a look at your completed project.  Problems are usually quickly solved.  It's easy, doesn't take long and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Hi guys, bought videopad aug, 2019. 7.51. has worked fine, but a week or so ago,

it won't upload to youtube. not sure if it's youtube, says I don't have a channel, go make one.

I've had one for years, and been using VP to edit videos and they always upload.

so, to upgrade to the newest version, I have to pay you $25.00 more?  not sure

why it's doing this. next day, it will upload fine. then I try another one and it fails

with the same message... go make a youtube channel. hahah.. youtube won't help

me either. told me to clean out cache, I did. still messing up and driving me buggy!

hello to Aussi from America, we love you and are glad the fires stopped!  that

was so sad.. ;(  anyway, if you can help, I would appreciate it. thank you ;)

Under OPTIONS menu | DISK it's not a bad idea of Clear Unused Cache Files before each new project, export or upload to YT.  You can also try a reinstall of the program.

If the VP direct uploader fails export a video file in a YouTube acceptable format and use their uploader.

YouTube supports these video formats for upload: 3GPP, AVI, FLV, MOV, MPEG4, MPEGPS, WebM and WMV. MPEG4 commonly uses the .mp4 file extension. YouTube also recommends specific encoding settings for optimal conversion. These are the H.264 video codec for an .mp4 container, and the AAC-LC audio codec with a sample rate of 48 kHz or 96 kHz.

Uploaded videos in an aspect ratio different than 16:9 have black bars added to prevent stretching or cropping in the Web player. Uploaded videos that are 16:9 have no such letterboxing or pillarboxing -- the terms used for added bars in wide-screen displays. (Info from Chron.com)

Hi borate...thank you. I did clear my cache. didn't fix it. it uploads when it wants to, not when I want it to. ;(

so, is there a new version? I have 7.51. I can't upload it from youtube, it was a .mov video, but edited

it with your video pad. do you mean save it as a separate file, not a .VPJ? it worked fine before. ok, will mess with it.

frustrating being on lockdown and bored. will try to save it as a .mov then I guess.

A VPJ file is not playable;  it's a Videopad control file.  It saves instructions on your project settings, effects, transitions, etc.  The VPJ has nothing to do with exporting.

Look at the YouTube list of acceptable formats.   MOV is one of them.  Export in one of those formats from Videopad to your PC.

Then use YouTube's uploader to get that file onto their system.

The latest version of Videopad for Windows is here.   For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

borate, it's been 7 months since I bought it, so I can't download the newest version, even though I have my info and reg. number. so, thank

you so much for helping me. does the newest version have anything new that's cool? maybe I'll pay for it if it does. :) I uploaded it the way

you said, and it worked. it's strange because it's worked fine all this time until last week. 

Hi

Borate's link does open a small download screen for the latest setup.exe file. However if you don't see this use the NCH download page...

https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/versions.html

Make a note of where your existing vpsetup.exe file is and also your license code. (I keep these in a separate named folder as I often swap between versions)

All you then need to do is to save the latest version from the NCH site (perhaps in your download folder) . Open the folder and double click the vpsetup.exe file. The new version should install over your original but retain your save/export folder settings etc.

Give it a try and if you find it's not working you can simply re-run the original vpsetup.exe to re-install your existing version. You have your license code if you are asked to use it.

This is pretty old thread. It's best to start a new one as it will save trawling through entries dating from 2016.Use the same (or similar) subject line of course .Everything will then be fresh and relevant to the latest version or the one you are using.

Nat

Hi Nationalsola Einstein, Thank you, you fixed it. I'm just kind of brain dead, LoL, I had clicked on that link

a bunch of times and didn't even see the downloads at the bottom!  that's what

being locked down does to you! good thing I had $25.00 on my paypal left. hoping I don't have

to pay to upgrade every 7 months! I reinstalled it, it works finally. It wouldn't take my old license code,

which is why I had to pay for it, but Thank you SO much for helping me.  I hope you have a really good day,

and be safe and take care :) 

I see you guys don't get paid to do this, so much Love to you. ♥

You never have to pay to upgrade;  your licensed version will continue to function if you bought it outright, not on subscription.  Newer versions released within six-months of purchase can be installed and licensed for free. 

I'm in my 2nd month using videopad professional. it's done exactly what I wanted it to until the last week, when the exported videos are coming out at about 20 percent of the normal size, set in the midst of big black screen. I assume I hit a bad button somewhere, but I have tried everything and nothing seems to help.I need the full size videos or the program is useless to me.

Ideas?

• 4 months later...

I will just add a potential additional cause for those who had no luck with the video conversion settings or containers.

Check the sequence (tab at the top left of the window). I usually export when my window is showing the Video tab, which can be misleading. 

I noticed that when I closed down my project, and then reopened it, the clip had been moved to a later time on the sequence. When I export, I get a whole bunch of empty (black screen) video, followed by a short time at the end of the sequence with my actual video clip.  

I thought the whole thing was a black export, but then saw the sequence timeline and checked the very end of my exported video. Voila....there was the actual video. Only 20 seconds at the end of an almost 5 minute long video that was black for the first 4+ minutes. 

Hope that solves a few peoples problems above. Probably us less experienced users who are running into the problem that can't be resolved with codecs or containers.

Hints that you had excess, unwanted video at the head of the project.  It's conceivable that it wasn't visible because the entire project wasn't displayed.

Use the two-headed icon at the bottom-right of the screen to shrink the sequence so that it is shown in full.  Clipboard01.jpg