Problems exporting ANY videos

cottrell2909

Good morning all,

Hello, i'm new to the forum. I do hope someone can help.

I've been working on a video of some basic video / photograph footage against music from a family holiday. It's taken me a few days to put together and at certain points i've exported it with no problems at all just to see what it looks like and where i'm up to.

I finished the video last night and clicked export. It stayed on 0% for a few seconds and then came up with a 'Failed' message- nothing more, nothing less, just failed!

Since then I have tried many different file types with many different frame rates but nothing works. Thinking that perhaps the video was too long for my computer to cope with I even tried creating a very short video with a couple of photos and one video. Same message when I try to export.

I have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted component files (a suggestion I found in another thread) but nothing works!

HELP!!!

Thanks, Tim.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem. No matter what I attempt the only format it will successfully export is .mpg. I tried exporting the exact same complicated project on my laptop instead of my PC and my inferior spec laptop was able to export to any format but not my PC. My laptop is has an intel i5 processor, 8Gb of RAM and intel graphics. My PC has an intel i7 processor, Windows 10 Pro installed on SSD, AMD Radeon graphics and 16Gb of RAM. Both running the same Videopad version. I expect I'll be able to export much more quickly and avoid plenty of hassle if this can be resolved. Please help!

I'm having the exact same problem. No matter what I attempt the only format it will successfully export is .mpg. I tried exporting the exact same complicated project on my laptop instead of my PC and my inferior spec laptop was able to export to any format but not my PC. My laptop is has an intel i5 processor, 8Gb of RAM and intel graphics. My PC has an intel i7 processor, Windows 10 Pro installed on SSD, AMD Radeon graphics and 16Gb of RAM. Both running the same Videopad version. I expect I'll be able to export much more quickly and avoid plenty of hassle if this can be resolved. Please help!

I've just discovered .ogv and .wmv can also be exported but I think that's it and I still would like to know why this is happening. Am I somehow missing the right codecs? I'm fairly certain I have all the same programs installed and everything up to date.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got 4.40 and have been trying to export a video, just to see how the software is supposed to work. I record on Debut and moved the video to Video Pad tried to export as an avi, mpg, mp4 all I get is failed, No explanation and not any help as to why? I looked at the manual and it was no help. I tried a couple of frame rates and a few things but can not get it to export as anything?

I recorded as avi it plays well in the preview but no export so I can share my expert Ukulele playing. :rolleyes:

How about a hint as to what the export criteria should be?

Your project was loaded into VP here and exported to mp4, avi and mpg. All succeeded quickly with no errors.

Under TOOLS menu|OPTIONS|Disk tab, try clearing the cache files. You might also UNinstall the program via Windows Control Panel. Programs and Features. Then reinstall.

Your project was loaded into VP here and exported to mp4, avi and mpg. All succeeded quickly with no errors.

Under TOOLS menu|OPTIONS|Disk tab, try clearing the cache files. You might also UNinstall the program via Windows Control Panel. Programs and Features. Then reinstall.

I reloaded the program and it worked! At least with an avi, so thank you. I look forward to refining my video creation and editing, now if I can work out the mic and lighting etc. I'll check out the other export options later. :P

• 3 years later...

Hello, I was attempting to create using the free demo version of NCH Videopad v 7.51 to create and post to Youtube video of a 15.5 minute medley of songs I recorded inspired by a recent trip to Italy with cell phone photos and videos I took while there. (Audio was mp3, photos jpg.) After many hours of hard work, the video looks good in the project preview screen, but I was unable to export it directly as a Youtube video after a couple of attempts. I even encountered problems trying to simply export/save as an .mp4 and .mov format files on my computer: the first and second times I watched it on Windows Media player, the video was missing photos/effects that were showing on the NCH Videopad previewer, then after the second attempt, I got the notice that I had to buy purchase a registration code (regardless of what export format, even the more basic mp4).

So, it appears that I've wasted a lot of time, unless there is some sort of workaround someone can kindly suggest. I initially was feeling pretty positive about using the free demo version of Videopad, but if you can't even export your work to a file format that can be used to share with others, it's very deceiving to call the program "free".  Thank you. 

PS: another glitch that was was frustrating is that if move photos used in the Videopad project to another folder (but still on the same computer), VideoPad no longer can find them. (Fortunately, I was able to regain access to the photos once I put them back in the original folder that Videopad was referencing, but it would be nice to be able to have the project keep all photos, audio and video files that comprise a video in the vpj. project folder.)

There are several unlicensed versions of the program.  Try this one, which is indeed free. Though this 'lite' version has some limitations, you should be able to export in one of several YouTube formats.  Use their uploader if necessary, after exporting as an Mp4 or AVI video file.

(The version that you now have loaded may present the option to use the 'lite' edition if you attempt a standard Windows uninstall, under Control Panel|PROGRAMS AND FEATURES.)

That accomplished, and with the completed project on the timeline, use FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.   When the .vpj file in the resultant, numbered folder is clicked the project will reload.  That folder contains ALL the source files.

The vpj is just a control file.  FILE|SAVE PROJECT AS often, giving it a unique name or number so earlier saves won't be overwritten.  If you move the source files, the vpj won't be able to find them and will ask you to resolve (locate) them.  Once that's done do another SAVE PROJECT AS.  This creates a vpj that points to the new file locations.

In any case, someone will review your project if you upload and share it, and they may be able to create an export that matches your preview.  This isn't difficult.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Hello Borate, thanks a lot for your suggestion and your general helpfulness. Shortly after I posted my bug report, I decided to buy the Videopad Professional v 7.51. Despite that, although I was able to export the project as a Youtube video, it still was missing several photos/sequences and effects, so I had to take down the video. I then tried to export it as an mp4 file, but the problem still remained. On Sunday, someone else at NCH emailed me instructions on how to upload my project and mp4 to the NCH ftp site, which I did. Hopefully, I'll get a reply by early January (seeing that the holidays are upon us), but if not, I might try a few other things you've suggested. Overall, my video is close to being presentable, but I'd like to have all photos and sequences in the preview appear in the mp4 and Youtube versions. 

Suggest that you upload and share your project, as instructed above, privately if you like.  Help may come faster as there are supporters here who delve into issues.

Though you mention that preview is complete, if possible list the times at which material is incorrect or missing in the export..

Here's another VP version that you might want to test.

Hi Mark

".... PS: another glitch that was was frustrating is that if move photos used in the Videopad project to another folder (but still on the same computer), VideoPad no longer can find them. (Fortunately, I was able to regain access to the photos once I put them back in the original folder that Videopad was referencing, but it would be nice to be able to have the project keep all photos, audio and video files that comprise a video in the vpj. project folder.) ..."

In the normal manner of working VP keeps a note of where your files are on your PC as you work. When you save your project the vpj files keeps this record so you can load it back at a later date. If you have moved any of those files to a different location VP can't find them (as you have noticed,)  and then you have to resolve the problem by relocating them. 

However, VP CAN  save all the photos; audio,clips and a vpj file to the same folder.

• Create a folder  on your PC and give it a name
  • Load your project to VP and check it is running OK
  • Click the Menu button and select File.
  • Select Save Portable Project As
  • Navigate to your named folder and select it.

VP will save a copy of all the clips; photos;audio etc and a vpj file to a dated folder within your named folder. They will be altogether in one place.

Note that these are copies so all the original files will also be on your PC so you could delete them if you wish.

Nat

•  

Thanks Nat, that's useful information. As you suggested, I've saved a portable project version of my "Memories of Italy" music video and have posted this on Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2tnsp7zr374j6ix/AACPnBtGlA-v2CAW1fRj1Xqba?dl=0  (along with the exported mp4 and a Word document that lists what photos/effects are missing from that and start and end times for each). If you or anyone else at NCH or on this forum has a chance to see if I may have done something incorrectly that resulted in the missing photos/effects not appearing in the mp4 version of the video and let me know what I can do to correct that, that would be much appreciated. Either way, thanks!

PS: As mentioned in the Word document, this past Sunday, I did send someone else at NCH Tech Support the project and mp4 files of an earlier version of the video via the FTP site they suggested, but haven't yet heard back from them. If they are looking into it though, then I can wait til after the holidays, as there's no rush. 

Edited by Marc Fedak
added Dropbox link where portable project is

Hi Marc

Your Dropbox project downloaded fine here. All the files loaded to VP via the vpj file and non of the problems you listed in your DOC file were evident. All the zooms/fades etc were present.

• 6 Video files (including Texts)
  • 2 Audio files
  • 106 images

Some image clips and text clips were loaded to the respective clip bins but were not used in the project.

I exported this projectto my PC  as a letter boxed mp4 Video file  1280 x 720 H264 at Default quality video.

Although this was smaller resolution than the majority of the downloaded files, I did it to save rendering time. The result  looked good and played perfectly in VLC. In fact I made an almost identical photo/video  record of a trip to Rome, (but I set it to Tchaikovsky's Capriccio  Italien :)) so I can appreciate the editing in this.

So all in all i couldn't find anything going wrong here. I can only suggest that you wait fully for the timeline to load before you export or possibly try the setting I used above.

Nat