All I want is to overlay a photo

Nocturnal Lunacy

As the title states, all i want to do is overlay a photo on top of a video. The old videopad did this easy. You could position it where you want and change the size but now I can't. I tried the scale and the position but the damn photo stays in the center of the video. it only positions it within the center and not the video. this shouldn't be so much work when the old version did it in about 2 seconds. Just give me back the old version without all this added crap I don't need or want.

I want the photo in the bottom left corner of the vid. If i do a position to left and down then it animates and i dont want it animated or moving.

As the title states, all i want to do is overlay a photo on top of a video. The old videopad did this easy. You could position it where you want and change the size but now I can't.

Don't spot a problem with that in the current version...

Place the background on track one and the overlay on track two. Click the FX button in at the left-bottom of the overlay clip on the timeline or select the clip on track two and click VIDEO EFFECT in the menu bar.

Click the green +. Add a SCALE effect and size it by moving the sliders or grabbing handles in the preview window.

Click the green + and add the POSITION effect. Using the same techniques, place it where you want it. Works fine here. No animation, unless you plot keyframes.