Change Audio Track Height for larger scale on waveforms

RonHiler

Hey all,

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure it out. Check out this pic...

Audio.png

So, notice the audio tracks are essentially flat lines, I can barely see the waveforms at all. I can hear them just fine (nice and clear and loud), I just can't see them, which makes it hard to edit (not impossible, I can do it by sound, but having the visual would be a big help)

Is there a way to adjust the audio track's heights? So that I get larger waveforms? I've looked for instructions on this but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks for any advice!

[edit: sorry, forgot to say, using VideoPad Professional version 3.85. If this is a feature only available in later versions, I'm very willing to buy an upgrade, just let me know!!]

I can't speak for 3.85, but what's seen in 4.33 is shown below. These clips were recorded at normal, full level. Of course, if audio is low then the track display will reflect that.

There are five dots on the white line between the video and audio tracks. To make the audio tracks taller, place the pointer there, hold down the left mouse button and drag the window up.

audio.jpg

Thanks borate,

That's what's odd, the audio is perfectly clear, and you can see the waveforms in the clip preview pane. I don't know why they are coming into the tracks so compressed. It may be because there is quite a bit of difference between the sound average and sound max, which is fine. I could handle that if I could just change the scale a bit.

Anyway, I do have those 5 black dots between the video and audio tracks. Sadly, grabbing and moving them does not change the height of the tracks, it just moves everything (audio and video tracks) up and down as a whole.

Here's a shot. You can see I grabbed the black dots and pulled them down. Also see the clip preview at the top middle showing the waveform.

Maybe I just need to upgrade...

Audio2.png

• 1 month later...

Try the latest. You can always revert. Read this first.

I indeed have the latest version for Windows: 4.40 and I can't do what the original poster wants. You can zoom the waveforms, but it will be done only horizontally and they will be stretched. There is no way of modifying the height of the audio tracks :-(

Only if you have one audio track, then you can change the height as borate mentioned:

"There are five dots on the white line between the video and audio tracks. To make the audio tracks taller, place the pointer there, hold down the left mouse button and drag the window up."

But with two audio tracks, the height of both of them will remain the same. Only the height of the video track will change.

Is there any way to do this? Or is it just a limitation of the software?

Thanks

Best regards

Josef

Dear borate

That doesn't help, see:

http://technosoftgratis.okidoki.com.co/archivos/VideoPadAudio.png

The height of the waveforms remains equal. Yes, you changed the tracks height, but this is not what I'm looking for. I want to zoom the waveforms. If you see my first Audio track, you will see that it is really small. This happened after having zoomed it at the maximum.

Best regards

Josef

Yes, that's a limitation. The height of the track only adjustable while there is only one track.

I think I've missed this post before. Just filed this as a suggestion to the team.

Dear Zhang

Thank you for your help. This is a really good thing. Specially if you want to sync an externally recorded audio with a video with lower audio quality. See this video:

From 7:08 until 8:00. that's what I want to do.

Best regards

Josef