New effects menu layout

BurgerStupr

Hi,

New effects window is designed to solve usability issues in the old effects dialog and adding new features.

Here is a quick comparison:

• Ability to apply effects chain to multiple selected clips. In the old dialog, you can only edit effects in one clip at a time.
  • Many new users overlooked the "Apply" button in the old dialog. New interface apply changes immediately.
  • Animation key frame editing was insufficient in the old dialog. New dialog improves key frame editing and added ability to use curve.
  • Added effect chain template which allow you to save/load effect chains. Although we can do it in the old dialog but the new design is more intuitive for new users.

If you have problem using the new effect interface, please tell us the problems in detail and we'll keep improve the new interface.

Best Regards,

Is it possible to have the video show in the background when editing the effects like in the old version? It's hard to time the effects now in the new one.

I agree, now that I upgraded to 4.33, the effects screen is completely different. It's as I have to lean a new program.

I do appreciate all the upgrades and the hard work you are doing, however, when you make a big change like this, it is a new learning curve. I am already taking to much time to edit, and now have to start over learning the effects screen. Having the video on the same screen as the effects makes it easier.

If you click the SEQUENCE tab above the preview window you will see both background video and effects.

To avoid toggling, open OPTIONS and check the "show dual preview" box. Best of both worlds.

You can then apply effects with the sliders in the effects box, or by manipulating the image directly in the preview window.

If you click the SEQUENCE tab above the preview window you will see both background video and effects.

To avoid toggling, open OPTIONS and check the "show dual preview" box. Best of both worlds.

You can then apply effects in the effects box with the sliders, or in the preview window itself.

Thanks, that does help.....I installed a second monitor to my laptop, now ever better! I do like the ability to apply effects to a sequence in a sequence! I couldn't do that in a previous version.