c_major

New:

• Revised effect dialog UI. Now it's a floating tool window and interact with Clip Preview window.
  • Ability to use curves (not only straight lines) to animate effects.
  • Ability to save effect chains as templates. Saved templates can be found in the Add Effect list.
  • Ability to apply effect chain to multiple selected clips.

Fixed:

• Exported video freeze if compute go to sleep while exporting.
  • Unexpected back space at the end of speed changed clips.
  • Videos are not smooth while exported to 60fps.
  • Missing "Keep borders" option for Shake effect.

The extra frame in the exported video is STILL there. Since this version is still in Beta, I figured I'd take the chance to report the problem again.

Hi JaniN,

I've double checked just before reply to you. The problem did get fixed.

I exported 3 minutes of smooth scrolling text clip. Add it back to a new project and export to another 60fps clip (1080p). I couldn't see any lag.

If you confirmed that still happen, please try share the project and the media files (on DropBox, Google Drive etc.) to us so we can investigate.

Edit: It might because of the player. I've tested on one machine, playback in WMP was laggy but fine in VLC. On another machine both players are OK.

Hi JaniN,

I've double checked just before reply to you. The problem did get fixed.

I exported 3 minutes of smooth scrolling text clip. Add it back to a new project and export to another 60fps clip (1080p). I couldn't see any lag.

If you confirmed that still happen, please try share the project and the media files (on DropBox, Google Drive etc.) to us so we can investigate.

Edit: It might because of the player. I've tested on one machine, playback in WMP was laggy but fine in VLC. On another machine both players are OK.

I'll do a record sample of this soon. I don't think it's because of PC/player, since the original clip playes just fine. When I just convert it through VideoPad the exported video has these lags every few (5-10) seconds. Also when I've uploaded it to YouTube the lags are still there at the exact same spots.

@c_major

Just PM'd you details how to download my Project files with some details of the issue I have.

Also, in the new version, when I add effects to my clips, isn't there a way to place the original clip in the fx editor so it's easier to edit the overlaying images etc like in the previous versions? Now when I edit a jpg for example, I can't easily align it with the original clip.

@JaniN

Thanks for sharing the files. I'm downloading them now and will start investigate when it finish.

Also, in the new version, when I add effects to my clips, isn't there a way to place the original clip in the fx editor so it's easier to edit the overlaying images etc like in the previous versions?

I'm not quite following this. Could you give a usage example? The new effects window is interactive with the Clip Preview window. The old effects dialog just move the Clip Preview in to the dialog. Otherwise they works the same.

Update:

Yes, I've tried your files the problem still there. It turned out that the file I've used for testing was not obvious enough. We are working on it (again) now.

@JaniN

We now know what causing the problem:

The original video you used in the problem was 59.94 fps rather then 60 fps. Although only a fraction different but VP have to insert a frame at some point and that's where the 'lag' happens. Because the output has more frames then the input.

To avoid the lag you have to make the export frame rate exactly same as the original video - 59.94. When you choosing file settings in the export dialog, you can click the Detect button (on the right side of the Preset drop-down list). It will show you suggested frame rate to avoid similar issues.

@JaniN

We now know what causing the problem:

The original video you used in the problem was 59.94 fps rather then 60 fps. Although only a fraction different but VP have to insert a frame at some point and that's where the 'lag' happens. Because the output has more frames then the input.

To avoid the lag you have to make the export frame rate exactly same as the original video - 59.94. When you choosing file settings in the export dialog, you can click the Detect button (on the right side of the Preset drop-down list). It will show you suggested frame rate to avoid similar issues.

Oh nice, thanks! That makes sense now. I always thought that the capture device would actually capture 60 fps, but seems it doesn't. This fixed my issue. Thank you so much :).