???? missing files

triviatus

I am currently working on a compilation video of bits from youtube (strictly for my own use of course) where I add clips every couple of days or so. When I tried to access my 'work in progress' it said that one of the files couldn't be found (the current penultimate clip), although it worked fine the last time accessed my project. HELP please.

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice. I 'recut' the suspect clip (it's an excerpt from a longer piece) and hey presto, all seems to be well. I saved it in my clip bank for this project and the 'work in progress' loaded. I would still like to know why this might have happened.

Along with doing a regular SAVE AS - with an incremented file #, so as not to overwrite the earlier version - it's wise to BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO A FOLDER.

Thus all your material, including the second-to-last (penultimate) clip, should be accessible should problems surface.

I have been pondering over 'Einstein's reply (for which I thank you), and forgive me if I seem a bit dim, but when I have saved my work in progress, are the individual files that I have added still 'connected' to the larger file until the completed work is finally coded. This might sound a bit stupid, but I do have a unique way of looking at things. Thank you in anticipation.

Hi Triviatus,

when I have saved my work in progress, are the individual files that I have added still 'connected' to the larger file until the completed work is finally coded.

That's right, VP only saves the project file, which only contains the editing information. The individual (media) files are still used when exporting the final video.

Best Regards,