Possible Bug? Video disappears when moving with a background.

HoosierKidsTV

Hello all -

I am editing an ending sequence, and I am putting 2 videos on the ending sequence, each video is scaled to 35x35%, positioned to another place on the screen. When I try to move the video clip, it disappears if the "Background" option is chosen. I have to turn off the background, then it will show up. If I click on "Background" again, the video reappears, however, once I move it again, it disappears.

Is there something wrong, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi

With two videos reduced in size and in different positions....one on the main track and one on the overlay track (or both on different overlay tracks), clicking the background button when using the POSITION effect does occasionally leave the preview screen black. It maybe your PC or a bug as with repeat clicking on the Background button, the videos redisplay and toggle between themselves showing first one and then the other.

However all you need to do to position your two videos, is to open the POSITION effect for the first one and drag it to the place required. Apply this and then open the POSITION effect for the second video and repeat the procedure. Both videos will be seen against whatever background you have chosen.

Nat

In fact "background" probably a bit misleading. Showing "background" means you can see the composed sequence instead of just the clip which the effects apply to.

For example there is a clip on track 1 and another on track 2. When editing the effects for track 1, turn on "background" will only see the track 2 clip since it's overlaying on top.

Hope this make sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

With two videos reduced in size and in different positions....one on the main track and one on the overlay track (or both on different overlay tracks), clicking the background button when using the POSITION effect does occasionally leave the preview screen black. It maybe your PC or a bug as with repeat clicking on the Background button, the videos redisplay and toggle between themselves showing first one and then the other.

However all you need to do to position your two videos, is to open the POSITION effect for the first one and drag it to the place required. Apply this and then open the POSITION effect for the second video and repeat the procedure. Both videos will be seen against whatever background you have chosen.

Nat

I believe I figured out the issue....if the time cursor is at the end, once I touch the video, it disappears. I have to move the time cursor back to the beginning, or anywhere other than the end.

And yes, I am using 4.30 thanks!