Pixelated Images

smoozz

Trial 3.31. with view to purchase today.

Whatever the MB size of images they all appear very pixelated in the image viewer and Preview.

Can't Export in the trial to see if the problem exists upon Export but I guess it does.

What's the problem please? Or should I keep looking for a slideshow program that does not degrade every image? Thanks for any clues.

Peter

Hello, I tested the program version 3.31 and I do not get to see the pictures pixelated, the issue may be related to the image format or quality of the picture itself. Try using different file formats or restart your computer to make sure the display drivers get refreshed. You may also want to delete the cache memory from the program before you start working on a new slideshow. To delete the cache memory you may go to Options > General > Cache and click on Clear Cache. In case the issues remain you may want to get assistance from NCH Software support team directly.

Thanks Chris75.

Have posted a query to Support Team but don't expect a reply anytime soon, if ever, since it's a Trial. Won't buy with that kind of problem. Cache is clean, JPG's are better than average, graphics card also.

Can load same images in other 'budget' slideshow progs with no pixelisation.

• 4 months later...

I'm a recent user and have the same issue. at first I was very concerned that no matter what I did with the images, the resolution looked horrible in the "preview." But when I saved the slideshow and watched the final product, it was perfect. The I realized that the "preview" feature does not fully process the images, but rather give you a quick look at what the video will look like. Then I took all the high resolution (and very large) .bmp images and replaced them with .jpg images and the final video was still perfect. So, the bad resolution is just a function of the "preview," not the final product.