choppy recordings

Guest Karl Weber

Guest Karl Weber

Hello,

I'm trying out IVM using a AVM FritzCard. When recording an incoming phone call I get WAV files in which alteratingly four ms contain audio and four ms are zeros. When the zero-areas are deleted, the recordings sounds normal, so apparently there is no data lost.

Can anybody give a hint on why these zero-areas occur, and more importantly how to get rid of them?

I'm using the currently available trial version of IVM - I believe it's v3.07.

Regards,

KW

This is a function of your modem - use one of the modems suggested on the NCH site.

I doubt very much that the card ist the problem because other voice applications work perfectly well with this card and its TAPI drivers.

Besides, the AVM cards have a very good reputation among consumer grade ISDN cards and this would be the first time they were causing trouble that I ever heard of in years.

You could possibly correct the problem if your modem handles 8 bit ADPCM format

Is there a utility I can test this with?

Regards,

KW

• 3 weeks later...

Karl

Did you solve this problem - I have the exact same ISDN card and problem.

The audio plays out perfectly, but recorded audio is slowed and full of blips and noise.

Phoneguy - I don't seem to have 8bit ADPCM in my recording options. Can you be more (very) specific as to which I should try? I have MS ADPCM and IMA ADPCM (both options are all 4 bit regardless of speed). Using IVM 3.07.

Except for this it's better than the old analog modem we had since the quality of message to the caller is great, we get the CID and much better/faster response to end of call and inputs (such as remote answering machine control).

Dale

• 4 months later...

Hello to all needing Help with AVM ISDN-Cards!

Pre-Information: We first have tried using IVM in Germany with TAPI-Compliant analog modems without success. We have tried IVM with dozens of them. Then we started trying IVM with the cheapest solution, a VOIP-Solution, since VOIP have been implemented some week after our purchase. It worked with bugs, but we could do some workarounds within the OGMs to avoid them(i.e. DTMF recognition: when the caller pressed one key, the key press was recognized 3 to 5 times). After almost one year using IVM with VOIP we figured out, that this solution was not very reliable: VOIP depends very on its gateways stability (gateway for fixed phone-numbers). The gateways are not as stable as real fixed lines, due to network availabilty. When the provider updates its GATEWAY-servers it can cause line unavailability. Therefore we decided to install a real ISDN fixed line and connect it directly to our server.

We decided to get one ISDN-Card of germans most popular ISDN-Cards-Manufacurer: AVM. We decided to get the AVM B1 PCI 4.0 and installed it without having any big problems. just the IVM did not work well.

When installed the IVM-Attendant shows in ->Settings/Devices 2 new devices with the same device-name "AVM ISDN...(CtrnB)". After setting the Playback- and Recording Devices (wierd thing: the recording device had to be set through the Call-Simulator) the ISDN-Card and IVM did in fact recognize the Call, but when recording the call, the Wav-Sample was chopped und filled with bleeps. Really strange thing. We tried setting other WAV-Settings (ADPCM, PCM, etc... with every possible KHZ and every possible BIT settings). But the recording still was chopped and filled with bleeps. Other strange thing was that the change of settings through ->Settings/transfer-record section, did not have any influnece to the "record wave as..."-function in the OGM. The recordings samples were always in 16-bit 8Khz PCM. We do not understand why. After an entire day of trying and trying, we decided to change the software and found one that do support AVM-Cards. We tried it out and an additional TAPI for CAPI device-driver from COMISDN had to be installed.

So we did it, but I just wanted to try the IVM first then, and take a look to its possible devices. Voila... there were 2 new ISDN lines: ISDN Line 1 and ISDN Line 2. After changing all old AVM-playback and recording devices, we tried it out and IT WORKED!!!

So with AVM Cards try the following:

Get the comISDN TSP Driver ComISDN TAPI Service Provider - (CAPI) at www.comisdn.com .

The driver is free for a 30-Day trial. But a license must be paid after trial.

Install it and change the devices. The soundrecording will not be chopped anymore.

Good Luck,

Claudio