Debut not recording sound

TeachTom

Nobody seems to have a clear problem like this but here is mine. I get no audio in the Debut recordings. Nothing at all. I record webinars or anything on the computer and the sound plays fine in the record session. But no recording ever has any sound. Debut is set to Speakers sound. The computer speakers give good sound from the Creative sound board. The OS is Windows 10.

Has anyone seen this?

Same here for two users. We record video and sound from a link on a website that opens an application (Eluminate). First we open ver 2.2 (or previous ver) of Debut, start Debut and start the website webinar, we hear the sound through the speakers but no action on the meter at the bottom. (We also get the pops some users have reported. The pops are in all recordings when it does record sound.) However, some of the recordings we make do not have sound at all. I have not seen a response for how to record video AND sound that works for us. As per the NCH website suggestion, we have also closed both Debut and the website we want to record, restart Debut then the recording on the website but this doesn't work either. Any solutions?

I have a similar problem.

Logilink vg0001a video grabber on Windows 8,1. Honestech software works (audio and video) but gives an ugly result.

Debut software : nice video but no audio at all : not on the speakers, not in the recording. When I tap on the laptop while recording this noise can be heard in the recording. The noise disappears when the audio from the microphone or the speakers is disabled.

I tried restarting Windows and/or Debut several times, changing all possible audio settings, but nothing works .

I think the driver simply doesn't process the audio, or takes the audio only from the microphone or the speakers.

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem recording audio with a USB mono mic with built-in preamp. The solution had two steps:

Step 1: Get windows 10 to "really" recognize the mic. (It was shown as enabled in the Windows sound window, but the volume meter didn't work.) Just move the USB plug from one jack to a different jack (both jacks are USB 2.0 on the computer -- not on a hub).

Step 2: Get debut to connect to the mic: Open debut, options-audio window, un-check, then check the "mic" box. Click OK. This works every time.

Since I have a mono mic, the recording is left channel only. I have to use another program to copy the left channel onto the right channel.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a new purchaser of Debut (big mistake), and I get NO AUDIO on the recording, video is fine.

Watched the intro video, found the 'self help' link for this problem...no help.

Have Windows 7 on an older but top-of-the line Toshiba Laptop.

Checked the audio drivers out at a local PC repair place...all looks ok.

Have one audio driver for the built-in microphone and another for the front mini-jack for MP3 or mic.

Tried enabling each driver, but NG

Get audio thru speakers during the recording, but not on this crappy software.

Have spent hours on this...ready to get a REFUND!!

Hello, I have tested the latest version (v 3.01) and recording audio works fine on the severals tests I ran. This type of recording issues may happen if your computer sound driver does not support Stereo mix. Stereo mix is a Windows option that can be used to record what plays through your computer's speakers and maybe the cause why you are not getting audio. Now, there are several tutorials online about how to enable Stereo Mix on any Windows OS version so you may want to give that a try first. Once you have enabled Stereo Mix in your computer's audio options you may go to Debut > Options > Audio > Microphone > Stereo Mix. You also may want to try selecting the option Speakers only for test but the Stereo mix option should definitely work as tested on our end.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you have any headset or headphones connected in the computer before starting up Debut that may also cause audio recording issues, so you may want to unplug the headphones/Headset, start Debut and test the audio plays fine through your computer's speakers and then start the recording, You may reconnect the headphones once you have confirmed the audio plays fine through the speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris 75...thanks for your reply...I thought 'bingo' have found the problem...i.e. 'no Stereo Mix' audio option on my older Toshiba LT with Windows 7.

Cannot get sound to record with a YouTube video. chris75 answered my post with info on audio driver with 'Stereo Mix' option which my PC did not have. I have an older Toshiba LT but is top end with many features, like HDMI out, etc.

Taking your advice, I Googled about Win 7 Stereo Mix...got info on how to download RealTek's 'Stereo Mix' driver...downloaded and installed and restarted the LT...STILL NO SOUND!!! Checked and rechecked the LT's Win7 Sound drivers...selected 'Speakers' as the default device for recording...set the audio level (100%)...same with the RealTek audio drivers...selected Stereo Mix...set the record levels...set the sound levels on PC taskbar to 100%. STILL NO SOUND when recorded. PC sounds fine when I use the Chrome browser and play a YouTube video...just can't record with Debut and get both audio and video.

Thanks for your help, but NOW WHAT!!??

Ok...I'm DONE...WANT A REFUND!! I will contact NCH for a refund...I"ve spent hours on this to no avail.

Thanks to Chris75 for what was good advice...I had discovered much earlier that I was plugging an external amp/speakers into the front mini-jack for earphones and realized that cuts out the audio from going to the LTs internal speakers. Removing this external set of speakers I had already done prior to Chris75 info about the Stereo Mix driver. After installing the Stereo Mix driver and checking all settings on the LT and the options in Debut, STILL NO AUDIO WITH VIDEO...I'M DONE!!