Is it possible to retreave NCH accounting data in case of crash

krypton43

Hello friends:

I had to recover my Windows 10 system. My Lenovo laptop recovery said that apps will be removed but not the files. HCH Express accounting app was removed.

I then reinstalled NCH Express accounting App and tried to retrieve reports/content? Just like I did with Acrobat Adobe, Microsoft Office and iTunes. I see all the data except for NCH Express accounting.

I do transfer my documents files to an external devise every 1st of the month. Unfortunately did not back up the way Apps says: Account/backup and external devise.

Questions:

1. How can I retrieve elven months of work?
  2. Where is the data?
  3. How can I retrieve it.
  4. In what format (.csv, .xl . doc) does NCH Express accounting save data?

Did I miss. somet hing?

What options do I have?

Hello, Express Accounts only offers the option to restore the data if a backup was made from within the program, if you created the backup from the program itself then you may have the chance to recover your eleven months of work. To create the backup you need to go to Accounts (upper left hand corner of the program's window) and choose Back Up Data.., If you did not created the backup like this then there is no way to restore the data. I don't think I have to go through your 4 questions but just in case:

1- You can only retrieve the data if a backup was created as described above.

2- We do not know where the data is if you restore your windows.

3- You can only retrieve the data if a backup was created as described above.

4- The program stores the data locally as a .dat

Did I miss. something?

I believe you missed to created the backup for your data

What options do I have?

You can start again and create backups regularly or enable to backup scheduler from within the "Backup data option"