Express Burn for Mac

mindjob

I installed the free version of Express Burn on my mac and used the superdrive to burn a DVD. I got this error:

Sense Data 05 24 00

Does anyone know what this means? I'd like to purchase the program but it has to work!

Thanks

Greg

Hi, That error technically speaking means Illegal Request - invalid field in CDB (Command Descriptor Block), in simple words means your drive doesn't support the book type commands. Not many drives with OEM firmware (in your case, Mac firmware) do.

For further advice on that error you may want to contact NCH support so you can get a diagnostic version that may help to get this issue resolved. If you have not submitted a support ticket yet, you may follow this link http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html

Here is what the customer support department said. I don't think I can update my superdrive firmware:

in the case of the Sense data code provided this means that the burner drive is misreading the allocated free space in the disk which ends up being less the free space that there really is. So if you are trying to burn a DVD to its max capacity the burning drive runs out of space to burn data. Please update the firmware of your drive, you may want to consult the manufacturer's user manual for the drive to get information about that.