sense data: 05 21 02

mindjob

Hi,

I have been using my Pioneer DVR-X122 DVD burner since 2007. For most of that time I have been using Express burn. Lately however, I have been getting the following error whenever I try to burn a DVD:

Error with write address

Source file

sense data: 05 21 02

I am running windows 10 on my Dell laptop. I need to know if:

1- I should get a new DVD burner or

2 - I should try another burner program

There doesn't seen to be any firmware update for the Pioneer. As always, I use Memorex DVD-R discs

Thanks,

Greg

Hello Greg,

Supposedly this issue may happen when there is a mismatch between your disc drive and the data rate itself. To resolve this issue try burning the disc at a lower speed if you are using the Max, or to a higher speed if you are using the lowest.

Hi Chris

So the default speed is the max, which is 16x. I lowered the burn speed to 12x and got a different error:

unknown scsi access error

sense data 02 04 07

The I tried Aimersoft DVD and it asked me to insert a writeable disc, like it didn't recognize something in the Pioneer.

Is it time just to get a new DVD burner?

Thanks

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have just bought the software and constantly getting error 05 21 02 trying to burn an ISO to dvd, this is with a brand new samsung dvd writer and Verbatim discs on a Mac. Burning the same ISO on a Windows machine fine with different software.

I replaced my pioneer and got a new LG DVD burner. I was able to burn the disc but when I tried to play it in my Sony DVD player, it got stuck in the "loading" phase and wouldn't play. So I threw the towel in and customer support refunded me for the new version (4.92).

I will continue to use the older version 4.37 and have never had a problem.

Thanks for your help