Versions of projects - loosing some clips !

gaab

Help !

I am in the progress of mounting a video, and as I am prudent (but obviously not enougth), I save regularly my project under a new name after making a set of modifications.

I "imported clips from another project" which was a trial for another approach and was using some of the files of the main project.

I succeed to move the imported clips with new effects in the main sequence, replacing the previous one (with difficulties - if I can reproduce the strange behavior I had to work around, I will post another message).

Then, I deleted them from the sequence imported (in order to have them only once in the resulting video).

I exported the video file, which is exactly conform to my project.

Latter on, I re-opened my last version : the copied clips have completly desappeared from the time line, their source files appear several time in the Video File bin under the same name.

I am completly confused : starting from previous versions of the project don't give me the corresponding "timeline".

What shall I do ? How to ensure that versions can be used as backup ?

I fear to continue to update my project !!!

Help much appreciated.

Some print screen to illustrate my problem

The main project (re-opened after succesful export).

last_version.jpg

The imported project (re-opened after)

Essai_video_lost.jpg

Hi,

We've confirmed there is a bug and reproduced the behaviors. We are now working on fixing it.

The problem happens when you import clips from another sequence. To continue your work please add those clips back to the project by using Add File.

Thanks for reporting issues and apologize for the inconvenient. We'll fix the issues in the upcoming release.