Pops, clicks

juststrummin

Has anyone experienced pops or a click at the end of a song. Seems like all the songs I bring into Mixpad have these. Even if I cut out the last 5 seconds of the song or introduce fades, there always seems to be a small noise at the end. I can bring in the compiled mp3 into WavePad and remove the click, but it's annoying to have to do this all the time.

I can't really help, although I recall other issues with mp3 files being posted in the past.

Just curious as to what you are using MixPad to do - and if WavePad might be better suited for your needs. It could perhaps be less likely to have the same issues, although I don’t really know.

Hi juststrummin,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue using my setup. Could you give a bit of info on your workflow?

1. Which version of MixPad are you using?

2. What are your output mp3 settings?

3. What kind of tracks do you have in your project? eg. Instrument recordings, imported mp3s, MIDI etc.

Regards,

Ben

Hi juststrummin,

It turns out there is a bug in the current release which affects some mp3 files by adding a short duration of noise. The bug is now fixed, and I will get a new version of MixPad released ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

Regards,

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

This problem persists in 3.91. I have 2 wav files loaded into Mixpad as 2 separate clips. The first clip is on track 1. The second is on track 2. I am doing a slow crossfade between the two tracks. When the first clip ends, I get a pop that does not exist in the source files. I have even dragged the handles on the volume over time on the second clip all the way down so it makes no noise. Then on the first clip that plays I dragged the volume handles down so it fades to mute roughly .5 seconds before that clip ends. I still get the pop sound even though both clips are muted at that point.

This pop exists when I play it in Mixpad. It also exists if I export the project to a wav file. I made a screenshot of the setup of my debug testing so you can see a test setup that still causes the pop. Notice that I completely muted the second track, and I still get the pop. I also have dragged the volume all the way down on the first track so by the time the pop occurs it is playing nothing. The pop occurs at the exact point that the first clip ends. I can also notice a fainter pop when the second clip ends, even though that one is completely muted.

qQsaBNW.png

I found a way to fix the pop issue. I inserted 100ms of silence at the end of the first clip and did the fade so it would end at the same point it did prior to adding the 100ms of silence.. That first clip was already cut so that it was ending at a zero point, but that zero point was maybe 5-10ms long.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I, too, have come here to find a solution to that end of MP3 pop/noise. Creating a tiny blank spot at the end isn't getting rid of it. It's like there is this millisecond of sound track that the fade out is missing on.

At least, I now know it's just a bug and not some finalization tool that I couldn't find. Here's hoping for a fix patch.

I see what Stalin828 is talking about, now. Hovering the mouse over the end and extending the MP3 file out to generate a blank area, that way. That's doing the trick. I was trying to record a dead spot and cover it up, which was doing nothing.

• 5 months later...

The popping at the end of fade outs is happening to me as well on version 4.23. It looks like this still has not been resolved by NCH. I am unable to generate blank areas at the end of clips as some have suggested as a fix, it just extends the clip longer with music. Is there something I need o do beyond just dragging the clip to to get blank space?

• 3 years later...

Using MixPad 5.99 here since ~3 months now.
I also have this issue... Since the very beginning I purchased it and use it..
I have a bunch of home musician clips to mix and synchronize. Several times I have to cut et move some portion of their clips to sync all musicians together.
So everytime I cut (split) a clip, I got a pop at the end of the first segment or start of the next segment. I even tried to fade the volume to nothing at the end of the clip or fading in from nothing at the start of the next segment with no luck.. still hearing that "pop/click" noise.
For the price of that product I would expect better than this... tshi tool is literally adding an unexpected random "pop" noise when you cut a clip. how come it is adding that noise that doesn't even exist on the original clip ??

When I export my whole mix into a wav file, I can hear all the places where I did a cut to move a "segment" because of these so -created by this software- "pop" sound.

Is there an effect or "cleaning" routine I should apply to remove these noises ?