Acm codec

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi!

I can´t convert wav to mp3!?

the message i get says "the required ACM codec is not installed on this pc. Open the file with windows media player to auto-install the codec then reattempt to load it" well.. wmp doesnt autoinstall the codec and i can´t seem to find it anywhere?

Somebody pls help me

/Hans

Guest Guest

I am having the exact same problem. It is very frusterating. The right codec would be nice to have. Help wanted.- Andrew

Hi!

I can´t convert wav to mp3!?

the message i get says "the required ACM codec is not installed on this pc. Open the file with windows media player to auto-install the codec then reattempt to load it"  well.. wmp doesnt autoinstall the codec and i can´t seem to find it anywhere?

Somebody pls help me

/Hans

Guest Guest

It would be nice if the moderators of this forum responded to clients who have recently purchased Switch Plus software. This problem of CODeX and making a simple conversion from wav to mp3 should be easy to fix.

How about an answer for this problem. I paid over $40 US for this program and it's pretty much useless at this point??

What Gives...

von

Guest Guest

Right there w/ you guys.. It'd be nice if AT LEAST the error was a bit more specific.. How many codecs are there to choose from?? Million 6??

Guest Guest

OK - so - this is not really a fix - but more of a workaround..

I get audio files from an internal company site that sends the files in .mp2 format. In the past I have used this program to convert them to .mp3. For some reason, the files are now received as .wav files and when I try to convert those I get that BS codec error.

So - the stupid thing - if I rename the file (change extension) to .mp2 - Switch will then convert to .mp3 and it sounds fine..

That's what I'll be doing until the really smart guys come up with a fix..

• 1 year later...
OK - so - this is not really a fix - but more of a workaround..

I get audio files from an internal company site that sends the files in .mp2 format. In the past I have used this program to convert them to .mp3. For some reason, the files are now received as .wav files and when I try to convert those I get that BS codec error.

So - the stupid thing - if I rename the file (change extension) to .mp2 - Switch will then convert to .mp3 and it sounds fine..

That's what I'll be doing until the really smart guys come up with a fix..

Try going to http://www.savefile.com/files/520178 and downloading the truespeech file. I use express scribe and when I started using Vista I could no longer play wav files and getting messages that I needed a codec or to use windows media player to automatically install codec, didn't work. I have been trying to find help since August. I finally found this file, just downloaded it and installed, whola, I can use the program and hear wav files. I had heard that wav files do not automatically run on Vista. That is just weird since it seems to be the most popular sound file! Hope this helps some!