Finding54

So I seem to be having two issues since the update to v 4.10 .

One of them happened in 4.08, but I was hoping it would be fixed in 4.10....they're quick black frames in between clips in the exported video. During the preview there aren't any, and when I go through my timeline and zoom all the way in there are no gaps in between any of the clips, and I've even made sure that there wouldn't be a possibility of a gap in between clips by lengthening each clip until it reached the next, and these black frames still show up every so often in the exported video.

My next problem seems to be new to v 4.10. When I reverse a clip and try to cut the small part of it that I want, the content of that clip changes. It might be right after I split the clip or when I try to put an FX on it, but whatever the problem is I can't seem to figure it out.

Anyone have a clue as to what may be the issue?

Hi,

One of them happened in 4.08, but I was hoping it would be fixed in 4.10....they're quick black frames in between clips in the exported video. During the preview there aren't any, and when I go through my timeline and zoom all the way in there are no gaps in between any of the clips, and I've even made sure that there wouldn't be a possibility of a gap in between clips by lengthening each clip until it reached the next, and these black frames still show up every so often in the exported video.

We can't reproduce the problem here, could you please share the files for one of the projects (e.g. DropBox)?

My next problem seems to be new to v 4.10. When I reverse a clip and try to cut the small part of it that I want, the content of that clip changes. It might be right after I split the clip or when I try to put an FX on it, but whatever the problem is I can't seem to figure it out.

I've confirmed this one is a bug. Yes it happens when applying effects to a reversed clip.

Thanks,

Hi,

We can't reproduce the problem here, could you please share the files for one of the projects (e.g. DropBox)?

I've confirmed this one is a bug. Yes it happens when applying effects to a reversed clip.

Thanks,

I have the video on YouTube if that works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keAA5Njjh7U

The black frames happen quite often, but just so you know what I'm talking about one happens between 0:08 and 0:09 as well as another between 0:16 and 0:17. There are more than just those two however.

Is it possible to share the vpj (project file) and the original clips (on DropBox, Google Drive etc.) so we can investigate the problem?

To upload less files, try remove all the other clips from the project and keep only two clips that has a black frame in between. Export and see if the black frame issue still there. If yes, save as another project and share the vpj file and the two clips.

Please PM me or post the link here.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the project file.

The black frames are caused by fade in/out transition. In order to fading from one clip to another, they must on the same track and no gap in between. Transitions are not work if two clips are on different track.

In your project this issue can easily fixed by moving the clips from track 2 to track 1. Also make sure the transition is created by click on the button in between the two clips.

Hope this helps.

That would make sense if the black frames were happening where the clips are on different tracks, but they aren't. They only happen where the clips are right next to each other on track 1, and I've zoomed in all the way to make sure there are no gaps. The reason why I have some clips on two different tracks with fading transitions is because when they are on the same track, it forces a crossfade effect, and that is not what I want.

Hi

This tended to happen with an earlier version of VP but the effect seen ("a black flash") between clips was not always reproduced or seen in the exported video

If it keeps happening then, instead of putting the clips end to end on the same track, try placing alternate clips on the overlay track with a slight overlap. I found that this nearly always eliminated the effect. I haven't experienced it yet with version 4.1 however.

It's worth a try. :)

Nat

Hi

This tended to happen with an earlier version of VP but the effect seen ("a black flash") between clips was not always reproduced or seen in the exported video

If it keeps happening then, instead of putting the clips end to end on the same track, try placing alternate clips on the overlay track with a slight overlap. I found that this nearly always eliminated the effect. I haven't experienced it yet with version 4.1 however.

It's worth a try. :)

Nat

I was going to try that as a last resort, but I can definitely use it until someone comes up with a fix in the new version. Thank you!