converted file info gone eg album, artist,etc via flash in auto

rabco

I'm using Switch 4.81 free trial. I use Mac OS 10.10.3. I use iTunes as my audio interface. All my files are either AIFF, or Apple Lossless, and of course all non-DRM. My new Mazda 3's Bose system will not play these large file formats, but will play AAC. So I have converted 16GB of musci to AAC format, using another freely available file converter (which does not have normalization capability), before I discovered Switch. The resultant AAC files volume differences were making me crazy, which led me to try Switch.

My problem is that whether converted to AAC by the other unnamed app, or, by Switch, once the file has been thru the Switch conversion/normalization process, my car's stereo does not recognize the album, artist name, song title information. The converted files will play successfully, and they sound like normalization has taken place. But artist, album and song title information is "unknown". Its as if this information is being stripped away. Is this an iTunes file hierarchy incompatibility of some kind?

The appearance of the converted files on the target disc (flash drive) looks fine: Artist folder->Album name->Song name. The folder structure from what I can see looks unaltered. The individual file's icon is changed by conversion to the typical iTunes "music note" icon.

I did not have this problem when using the other app for file format change alone (no normalization) but I was hoping to normalize volume with Switch.

I worked for several hours trying multiple logical approaches but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rabco

Hi Rabco,

I can confirm that this is a problem. I've asked for a fix to be applied immediately and we should have a new version within the next week or two. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention :)

Regards,

Ben

• 8 years later...
4 hours ago, Anber_liang said:

Car stereo not recognizing song information may be due to loss of song ID information while converting AAC files using other applications. Therefore, it is recommended that you first convert the AAC files on iTunes to MP3 format, and then upload them to the target disc for playback.

Appreciate the info on this. NCH Software is always interested in improving our existing programs and developing new programs. If you have an idea you'd like to share with us, please submit your suggestion here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/