Setting Ratio to 16:9

czarrilli82

Hi,

When I upload my clips, it has the black bars on the side. To remove them I go into video effects, contrast and choose the 16:9 option.

Is there any easier way to do this instead of going into each individual clip? Can I just select all the clips somehow and set them all to 16:9? It's really time consuming going into like 50 something clips and setting each effect to that.

Also, if there isn't an option for this, can I change it when I export the video to make sure its exporting 16:9?

Fiddle with the many options for the BATCH EDITOR, under the TOOLS menu. After making a choice on each screen, click NEXT.

When you reach the effects screen, select an effect (if desired) from the list at the left, then use the green arrow to move it to right side.

Select that effect and click the bottom-right icon to set its parameters.. If no parameters are available for the effect, the icon won't be active.

Final step, click the box to import the project to a folder. The processed clips will appear under the VIDEO FILES tab, and can be dropped into the timeline.

Hi,

When I upload my clips, it has the black bars on the side. To remove them I go into video effects, contrast and choose the 16:9 option.

Is there any easier way to do this instead of going into each individual clip? Can I just select all the clips somehow and set them all to 16:9? It's really time consuming going into like 50 something clips and setting each effect to that.

Yes, there is is SUPER PUPER feature for that.

Look at this screenshot how to force aspect for your videos.

30dbdjp.png

Hi,

Also, if there isn't an option for this, can I change it when I export the video to make sure its exporting 16:9?

Exporting always works as CROP.

Export do NOT work as RESIZE

That means that if you export 16:9 and your video in editor 4:3 it will be

1) or CROPED

2) or FIT with black borders keeping aspect ratio of your original video

If you want to force 16:9 use the feature like on my screenshot