Decryption for basic express scribe

harlequin

Hi, I'm using this to type up my own dictations and have the basic version. I can't seem to find where I should be entering the decryption key and id on the express scribe and would be grateful for some advice. As far as I can tell the basic version does support encryption....

• 2 weeks later...

From the menu, click options, click playback, click incoming, on the bottom of that incoming tab you should see a box that says "set users decryption key" click that and a little box will pop up to where you can enter the id and key code and then click "set key".

• 4 years later...

I have the code, I tried to enter it and it didn't work. I've tried to reach out to the company so they can walk me through what to do and I'm getting nothing. Where do I find the page you're looking at? I have the info downloaded on my computer. I try and click on them, but I get a message saying my decryption key has not been set. I click on  Preferences and then try and enter the number I have from her, but it won't let me enter it. What would be awesome is an actual human that would contact me and walk me through this, but apparently that can't happen based on what I'm hearing from tech support at NCH - despite the fact that I just spent $69+ on this tool. Very frustrated user! :(

19 hours ago, N_C_H_josh said:

That screenshot shows the recipient properties from Express Dictate. Only the person sending you files would see that.

If you need technical support, then please open a ticket at https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

I checked in with tech support yesterday and again today and am getting no help whatsoever. I've paid for the software, and it's super frustrating that no one with help me out.